May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (claydog, Lloyd3, LeFusil, Bob Jurewicz, 1 invisible), 378 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,520
Posts545,762
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Lots of things go into "value" and price. Rarity, condition, popularity, usefulness and available alternatives all weigh heavily. Sometimes price makes sense. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it's just the right item at the wrong time.

Yes, the BSA is a machine made gun. But it is a true British/Birmingham gun. They only made about 40,000 guns and the vast majority were plain workingman grade guns. Very few had any embellishment at all. This one was clearly not a run of the mill gun from the BSA factory. There may not be much collector interest but it is certainly unique.

Anyway, here's a few pictures:

Sidelock
Sidelock

That gun is worth quite a lot more than the "$900-$1500" that you mentioned in a previous post. With that engraving and condition, along with its quality and nice configuration, I would venture it to be more like a $3000/$3500 gun any day. Hell, Steve Barnett would put $4500 on it, and Kevin's would put it at $6500.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah definitely worth reaming.
Make sure you lop a big chunk off the stock before you peddle it as well. It could use a big fat red recoil pad for user comfort.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Blades'
That is a lovely Gun mate.As so many were so plain, this could be worth more than you think.
Its in lovely nic too...I dig that heart/lyre scroll on the side shot.
If it were mine n it fit me, I would take a little choke out,if needed n it would be a great gun to shoot for the rest of my life...(how old are ye?,lol)
I guess its a Best BSA, eh?
I'd love to have one of 'em
cheers
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Make sure you lop a big chunk off the stock before you peddle it as well. It could use a big fat red recoil pad for user comfort.

You forgot the sling swivels and initials scratched into the barrels...
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 11/06/16 04:04 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is a fantastic looking gun and I know I would love to have it! If you plan on keeping it and shooting have the choke changed to your preference and enjoy it. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And Jack Puglisi, if he was alive, would have listed it a $8500. My late grandather used to say: "No tree can grow up to the sky".. He was talking about the Wall Street idiots.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
That gun is worth quite a lot more than the "$900-$1500" that you mentioned in a previous post. With that engraving and condition, along with its quality and nice configuration, I would venture it to be more like a $3000/$3500 gun any day. Hell, Steve Barnett would put $4500 on it, and Kevin's would put it at $6500.
JR

"Worth" is one thing. What a gun could sell for is something else. I would like to think you're right that it would sell for $3,000. I believe it "should" but I also know that somebody with $3,000 to spend on a shotgun has a lot to choose from and that a BSA might not top the list when considering his or her options. Also, it's been my experience that the setting of sale makes a huge difference in price. Leather chairs and dusty bookcases can add hundreds, if not thousands to the price.

BTW, I shot two rounds of skeet with it today. First round was a bit of a disaster but I did much better the second round. My first miss was on station 4. I had an unusually bad station 6 and ended up at 21, which is a fairly common score for me. That left barrel sure smokes 'em!

Last edited by bladeswitcher; 11/06/16 06:11 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper

Not nice . . .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
It's a dang BSA guys. Nobody cares if the chokes are opened.
JR

No, it is a dang NICE BSA. You missed a bit.
Bet if it was your's (or, mine) it would remain untouched.

Best looking Brit boxlock I've seen in some time. He stole it, too.

Best,
Ted

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.