Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 53 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 52 53
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
Incredible. Sabato completely blew it.

Essentially nobody saw this coming, certainly I didn't.

I've always been a one issue voter, since my main pass time is shooting. This outcome bodes well for the SCOTUS for some time to come.

McConnell has a realistic outlook on the future, and I expect him to be a moderator of sorts.

CNN coverage of the election was superb. I don't watch much TV news, and when I do I generally avoid CNN since their leaning is only too obvious being a Turner/Time Warner operation... but...

John King was really on his game, and they covered the ELECTION and did not simply rehash the campaign. Every time I switched to Fox, there was some idiot woman talking. A pretty woman, they all are, but that's not ELECTION coverage. Hats off to CNN.

I wrote here in mid September that Trump would win. Even explained why I thought it.

Essentially a combination of the traditional polling methods that the media depend on, no longer working and exposure to some alternate methods that were giving significantly different results that were being ignored by the MSM.

I'm no expert but unlike the MSM, I didn't have a bias to the status quo and a visceral hatred of what Trump represents. In other words, open minded. It was hilarious last night watching talking head after talking head try to explain away how wrong, how biased they had been. They are still doing it today.

Looks good on the corrupt bastards.

As a side note, I watched Fox. I don't need those idiots to "explain" the news to me. I need them to report it. Thus I was quite happy to read the results as they came up while watching the assortment of extremely good looking women. Now if only they had put a big paper bag over Karl Rove.

Last edited by canvasback; 11/09/16 05:47 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Instead of relying on experts, so called what media elite should rely on is large bag of Chinese Fortune cookies. It would be just as effective and much less expensive.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I did not broadcast it but, I thought he would win, too. I spoke with a shooting buddy about it who said something I hadn't thought of, and I do believe he was right. He said it would be a landslide for Trump because there were hundreds of thousands of people who were going to vote for Trump, but would never admit it. People who would be ridiculed for their choice, evangelicals who were voting against Hillary more so than voting for Trump, and those who felt strongly that how they cast their vote was just noboby else's business. These people would not answer a pollster, and kept their opinion to themselves. They were the tsunami that came out of nowhere and washed over the Clinton political machine.

Trump didn't have to run a masterful campaign of strategies. He just had to be there, stand on the side of gun rights, state clearly that he was pro-life, pro-working class, and wait it out while Clinton hung herself.

It worked, thank God.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I was talking last night during the coverage with a Jewish friend of mine who lives in NH. He said he wouldn't tell anyone when they asked because he would just get too much grief.

I know him pretty well though and he didn't fool me. Didn't even need to ask. LOL

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think Mike Huckabee summed it up the best on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee/posts/10154201399067869

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: james-l

Wow, when I read what Huckabee wrote, part of me wishes I was American. Excellent!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just imagine what the results would have been if the so-called "mainstream news media" hadn't tried their hardest to paint as bad a picture of Trump as possible while ignoring the continuing ethics and moral controversies surrounding Clinton.
IMO: It would have been a Trump landslide!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: james-l

Wow, when I read what Huckabee wrote, part of me wishes I was American. Excellent!

James,

From one of the quieter members here, I think I can say with certainty you would most definitely be welcomed.

I spoke earlier this evening about this election with one of my best friends. He and his family emigrated here from South Africa eight years ago. It's hard to explain the enormity of this election to someone who has not lived here their whole life but he's starting to get it. He's pumped to be able to vote in two years once he and his wife become citizens. I can't wait to be there to welcome them as new Americans.

Cheers,
Marcus

Last edited by Marc Ret; 11/09/16 09:44 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the town I live in there are about 2,000 houses. There were nearly 500 Hillary signs and a total of eight Trump signs. My neighbor, a proud Hillary sign dis-player kidded my about my Trump sign. I asked him to look around at those houses with no signs and wonder why. Did they support Hillary? If so why not jump on the band wagon and get a free sign? Then I pointed to the houses on either side of him and explained one was a family who were long time Republicans and almost certain to vote for Trump. The other was a person who never display a sign on his property but I knew was a Trump supporter because all of his vehicles had Trump stickers on them. Then he asked what I was telling him. In real small words, I said that the omes with o sign were almost all closet Trump voters. Not shouting their support but sure to vote. And they did. Our town had 83% voter turnout and Hillary got less than 40%. Today my neighbor dropped off a case of beer he lost to me on a bet about the election outcome. Today he said he understood what I was telling him. I understand there is a vast number of Hillary sign available at much reduced prices.

Sidelock
Sidelock

E Deplorable Unum...it was a large basket with a very loud voice!

Sam Welch
Page 6 of 53 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.