May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jimmy W, graybeardtmm3, KY Jon, eeb, gil russell, David Williamson), 268 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,554
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 46 of 53 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 52 53
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal
Miss negative nancy Ken!!! why is your glass always half full? This should prove that trump IS different and WILL be way better than most??

I hope trump is the best prez america ever has.....believe it or not.

Funny how his supporters leave his side so quickly. I'm sure 'IF' he fails to deliver....one could always compare him to the worst of the bunch, and say well....he lied less than the rest.

Lets hope his DID list becomes bigger then his failed to do list. Otherwise....we were all fooled.

DAL, don't we all HOPE that the person we support and who gets elected will do what they say? Are Trump's supporters any different? Shouldn't we abandon him if he fails to deliver in a significant way on his promises?

I would posit that it is incredible to me that despite the amazing lack of follow-through on the raised expectations of Obama 2008, that ALL of his supporters didn't abandon him. Why stick with a liar? Why stick with someone ineffectual?

I'm happy to say my guy won this time. But if he doesn't follow through, I'll kick him to the curb as fast as I did Obama. It shouldn't be any other way.

Unless.......you are more interested in cults of personality (or of gender/race) than actual good government.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Hard to say where the electorate was on the bookend Republican "wins" of hanging chads and the court in Florida and a minority in the second, with clear majorities in the middle and the president with higher approval rating than the president-elect during the election.

A good omen is the president calling for cooperation with the new administration during post-election talk of fighting it at every turn, and the absence of whining from the losing side about voting irregularities which accompanied the previous two.

Rid yourself of notions of politicians keeping promises. They never do.

Let see.....the sore loser Democrats are STILL whining about 2000 (actually examined and ruled on by the courts, in accordance with the US Constitution) and yet, as a young man developing an interest in politics, I really had to dig to get the low down of the actual theft of a presidential election by Joe Kennedy and his mobbed up buddies in Chicago, including Mayor Daley.

No Kennedy....no Johnson. In their stead, one of the most accomplished and forward thinking Presidents 8 years sooner. Oh how history might now differ.

I have no real complaints about Kennedy, except the methods that got him to the White House. But Johnson was as catastrophically as bad for the US in the long run as PET was for Canada.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

We should start a list of things trump said he would do and did not.....AND a list of things he said he would do, and did?

I'll start

Said he would do, but did not do:
1) charge hillary and put her in jail- NOPE. He just announced he will not. not even an investigation.
2) The 'wall' will be a fence, he admits. hope he starts that one at least.
3)?

Things he said he would do, and did:
1) said he will tweet....and does.
2)

IN THIS WAY WE CAN ALL SEE HOW GOOD, OR BAD, HIS PRESIDENCY IS GOING. PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING.

Well, he can't do or NOT do anything yet because he's not in office. Take it easy dal.

He'll appoint an Attorney General and after that he has little influence over what direction an investigation will take. The current President politicized the AG office much to its detriment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

He said a lot of contradictory things today....

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry fellas, I was just trying to get an account of kept and broken promises. But I guess it is way above the nonobjective heads of some here. Should have known it would be twisted somehow on how bad Obama was, libertards, and ANYTHING OTHER than how successful trump is, or is not, as the president, rather than how great he is doing.

I'm sure this post WILL be construed, somehow, on how I hope trump fails, bla, bla, bla.

This is your Que to pile on guys.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

Getting a little emotional about a guy who has yet to take office? It's tough to be objective about someone who hasn't done anything yet. Until something becomes Poilcy, it's irrelevant.

Yes, dal, everyone understands what you're doing.

Last edited by Ken61; 11/22/16 05:56 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry fellas, I was just trying to get an account of kept and broken promises. But I guess it is way above the nonobjective heads of some here. Should have known it would be twisted somehow on how bad Obama was, libertards, and ANYTHING OTHER than how successful trump is, or is not, as the president, rather than how great he is doing.

I'm sure this post WILL be construed, somehow, on how I hope trump fails, bla, bla, bla.

This is your Que to pile on guys.

Jeez DAL, I responded directly to you and offered up what I thought was a rational response to your obvious attempt at baiting, where you could have then engaged in a serious discussion. Instead, you insult and dismiss. Hmmm.

Is this now an example of piling on because you said we could?

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

CB- I guess you have also been brainwashed to think that anyone that questions anything that is republican, even though they are not a lefty = 'response to your obvious attempt at baiting'.

You disappoint me, that you also cannot be objective. Not that you care.

Sorry again for trying to keep track on how good trump is.

So....what ever.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

So america has a president that campaigned on exactly the opposite of the typical political rhetoric, political correctness, et al and one is nothing but 'baiting' when trying to see how much of what he said....and what people voted on....comes to fruition.

Unbelievable.

Last edited by dal; 11/22/16 06:27 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think there is nothing wrong with keeping track...Even to the extent of the "100 days" list...How does the latest one compare to the last one?

Page 46 of 53 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.