May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (ClapperZapper, SKB, obsessed-with-doubles, 1 invisible), 1,015 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,543
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 53 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 52 53
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: dal
....Should have known it would be twisted somehow....and ANYTHING OTHER than how successful trump is, or is not, as the president....

....I'm sure this post WILL be construed, somehow, on how I hope trump fails, bla, bla, bla.

This is your Que to pile on guys.

I think it's been mentioned before, but Trump may not quite be the President. In the US, I think you can search it up, there is only one President at a time. There are exceptions. When President Bush was elected to his first term, gore was a shadow president, thought by many to be a guru of sorts.

There was also a period after President Bush's two terms that the US did not have a president. Odd thing is, when there was no prez over the last eight years, the failure list has been spectacular, but I digress. You are correct, a real President will be taking over in January. In the mean time, isn't the way he's working the media absolutely fascinating?

Sidelock
Sidelock

First DAL, you haven't been here long enough to know what I think and don't think and whether to make the judgement that I move in lock-step with "Republicans" on this site. Let me assure you, I don't. And I've taken the verbal abuse here to prove it if you care to research.

You know the old saying about making assumptions.

Second, you were baiting and you know it. Talk about not being objective. At least be honest with yourself.

Thirdly, if you truly wanted to "track" Trump's performance for an objective measure, as a few others have pointed out, don't you think we should wait until he is actually legally allowed to call himself President and have, you know, the power to do stuff? Then see what he does?

Seems to me everyone's who is anti Trump is running around making predictions and the last time the same people did that (earlier this month) they were incredibly wrong. The same folks got Brexit wrong too. The hubris that allows them to believe they have it right this time is incredible.

I have concerns about what Trump will actually do.

I had concerns about what Harper would do and was significantly disappointed by his turn at the wheel. I actually hoped that, in 2008, although I could not support Obama on the basis of a track record and resume so thin as to be non existent, he might surprise me and have a successful presidency. I wished him well. Sadly I was disappointed by a very ineffectual man with very ineffectual policies.

Going back to my initial response....don't you think we all will track his performance? Don't you think we should all shit on him if he turns out to be a do nothing president? I mean....what's your point?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
I think there is nothing wrong with keeping track...Even to the extent of the "100 days" list...How does the latest one compare to the last one?

That's a little more "realistic" thing to track. As well all know, including DAL.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

So america has a president that campaigned on exactly the opposite of the typical political rhetoric, political correctness, et al and one is nothing but 'baiting' when trying to see how much of what he said....and what people voted on....comes to fruition.

Unbelievable.

I mean....his four years hasn't even started! Unbelievable!

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

LD, if you mean the last one, being obama, with all respect, personally I dont care to compare. He's gone, and whomever writes history will tell the tail.

Hopefully Trump does well....and some Canadian right winger politician will take some pointers (other than the name calling and general negative campaigning), and rise up to run against the liberals with a common sense philosophy.

If he doesn't...every career politician will go- Whew....status quo rules.

Last edited by dal; 11/22/16 06:57 PM.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hopefully Trump does well....and some Canadian right winger politician will take some pointers (other than the name calling and general negative campaigning), and rise up to run against the liberals with a common sense philosophy.

If he doesn't...every career politician will go- Whew....status quo rules.

This I agree with, although I think part of Trump's appeal was the name calling. In the sense of demonstrating with clarity and vigour that he was not a typical politician and not governed by the rules of Washington or polite society. It gave him the credibility he needed.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was much impressed with his speech after the win. Never thought a businessman could act in the boardroom, like he did while campaigning. I have hope that he and his advisers can get much done.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry, I had to add.....no one held a candle to the negative campaigning done by the left, including the Democratic Party in all it's permutations along with the media and celebrity types to discredit Trump and denigrate his supporters.

To suggest that somehow Trump campaigned negatively and the other side didn't, or held back, is to view events through blinders of partisanship. NO presidential candidate has ever been scrutinized and denigrated the way Trump was. The press hate him and the Dems fanned those flames.

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

'To suggest that somehow Trump campaigned negatively and the other side didn't...'

To insinuate....if anyone is....just because it was not mentioned that the hillary campaign was ALSO nothing but negative, and an embarrassment to politics, because it was not mentioned here...is quite presumptuous.

ALL could see how embarrassing the campaigning must have been for the U.S....by both sides.

Nonetheless....here it is....hillary's campaign was also quite distasteful. An even downhill slide by both parties.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, DAL I did not mean to compare anything with the outgoer did,. Maybe you should read what I wrote again? I think it would be interesting to see how these lists change as time progresses...

Page 47 of 53 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 52 53

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.