May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (DSchrank, Der Ami, Guy Ave, Jtplumb, 67galaxie, 1 invisible), 663 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,479
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#466413 12/22/16 07:01 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know from various posts in the past a number of us take cooking delicious meals pretty seriously. Just wondered how many of us are venturing off the beaten path of Christmas turkey and doing something different.

I will be cooking a 15 pound, 6 rib prime rib roast. AnD it will be done perfectly, seared on the outside and then an even doneness from edge to edge of mid way between rare and medium rare. That will be joined by classic Yorkshire pudding, cooked in a pan, not in those silly muffin trays. After those two items, I don't care about the rest. LOL

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Some sort of beef roast, not a prime, however, cooked over charcoal on my Weber grill with a rotisserie keeping an eye on it, or, cooked indoors on an ancient Farberware electric grill in the same fashion, if it is raining as it is supposed to.
The wife is the mashed potato princess, who learned from the mashed potato queen (my mother) how to make a pot of garlic mashed potatos that will bring an American adult male to his knees with tears of joy in his eyes.
There will be some sort of green vegetables, shrimp cocktail, a fruity wine she likes, and Sam Adams Boston Lager that I like, but, I only care about the first two items.

And the beer.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rock Cornish game hens with baked potatoes, broccoli, carrots and Caesar salad- and a fine Merlot to go with on Sat. evening Christmas Eve. Sunday, with all the gals and grand-kids here for the day, Roast saddle of venison (a deer I harvested with son-in-law Geoffrey), mashed potatoes sans garlic, rolls, cornbread stuffing, Waldorf salad, Lambrusco and or Zinfandel for the adults, milk for the grandkids- later, Folgers coffee and Dutch apple pie with Kool-Whip and or cheese, your choice..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Spiral cut ham with brown sugar and pineapple glaze, pineapple rings, sweet potato casserole with candied pecan topping, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, applesauce, whole wheat rolls, homemade yellow cake with chocolate icing, vanilla ice cream and homemade cookies.

Wine and beer for the adults and milk and juice for the grandkids.

Last edited by Remington40x; 12/22/16 08:36 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Many people favor prime rib over filet mignon, I don't know because I've had many filets that were cooked to perfection but I don't know that many restaurants that would tackle a prime rib.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My wife created a tradition for our family. She makes quail and dumplings for Christmas morning breakfast. Absolutely wonderful.

And we are having smoked beef tenderloin for the main meal.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That sounds delicious Mike. I've been doing a variation on Eggs Benedict for my family Christmas morning for almost 40 years now.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now that's a breakfast James!

I am glad to be here.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

american Bison,Buffalo roast

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Rock Cornish game hens with baked potatoes, broccoli, carrots and Caesar salad- and a fine Merlot to go with on Sat. evening Christmas Eve. Sunday, with all the gals and grand-kids here for the day, Roast saddle of venison (a deer I harvested with son-in-law Geoffrey), mashed potatoes sans garlic, rolls, cornbread stuffing, Waldorf salad, Lambrusco and or Zinfandel for the adults, milk for the grandkids- later, Folgers coffee and Dutch apple pie with Kool-Whip and or cheese, your choice..

Sounds like a good meal. How do you do the venison saddle?

My mothers side of the family is Italian so on Christmas Eve we always have sauce,homemade pasta/ravioli,meatballs/sausage. We also have baccala (cod) and probably ham. For Christmas we have prime rib and more sauce and mannicotti plus many side dishes. A good wine is a must on both days.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.