May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ted Schefelbein, azgreg, 1 invisible), 264 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,566
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rizzini: http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100787485

Inverness: http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100782295

$10,000 difference in price. "Parkerized" barrels on the Inverness is a nice touch...

My question here is, what kind of thinking is behind pricing that gun at $14.7K? Bigger question might be who would be stupid enough to even consider it?
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 12/31/16 07:09 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I ordered one on the initial offering. Sent in my own wood blank which came out very nice. I've been shooting B. Rizzini's for years. After comparing the Inverness to the Rizzini. I put the Inverness up for sale and haven't looked back.

Dollar for Dollar the Rizzini is a better buy for a better gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I did the opposite. Shouldered the Rizzini, hunted with the Guerini Elipse EVO, and went with the Inverness. Glad I did. While they are all very nice guns, the Rizzini and EVO look and feel like every other factory rifle you buy from Italy. The Inverness does not. But that's why we have choices.

[img:left][/img]

Last edited by Gt1900; 01/01/17 11:50 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One has to wonder, How many of these are "Snob" buys, and how many days any of these guns actually see in the field?

Sidelock
Sidelock

They aren't "Snob" buys. They are club guns by and large.
I seldom see anyone in the field toting a gun beyond 5K in value. Gun clubs are another matter.
It just depends on the circles you travel in.
On plantations, 10k isn't unusual. But it's not like they are shooting them every day for months on end either. Where some freckling decreases value by huge amounts because you put it in a damp case overnight and forgot.

It's all about what you like and what you want.
Be happy for the other guy's good fortune.

God Bless America!

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If most casual shooters would spend more of their money on practicing and shells, and maybe some lessons from a pro in the beginning, and less of it on ridiculous priced guns, they would be much more effective at shooting flying. The men/women who are not pros, who shoot $15K (and up) guns, and are really good shots, can be counted on your fingers and toes. My mantra was always to shoot a shotgun until I truly believed it was a reason I was not shooting a higher score. Now that that gun is a Perazzi (used when I bought it years ago), I doubt I will ever be able to honestly make that claim again.

I watch men pull out H & H, Purdey, Boss and Woodward guns and go out and shoot a 45/100, and then do the same thing for years, and I wonder how they can feel good about it. I know we are all different but I see a lot of people at vintage S x S shoots like this, and I just cannot get my head around it. Improvement is not beyond the capabilities of anyone who wants it badly enough. I really wish someone could help me understand why looking good makes someone feel better about themselves than hitting what they shoot at. Is just hearing the gun go bang enough? I'm as far from an elitist as anyone you would ever meet, and I miss more than I'd like ........ but I never stop striving to get better.

I just guess I'd rather hit something with a BSS than miss with a Woodward, though I understand fully that the two are not totally incompatible.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Clapper Zapper,
Interesting point, on toting in the field, or at the club. Many years back and I do mean many, many years ago, When I was shooting every weekend at the Rod and Gun club, I saw a lot of very high dollar, K80, Perazzi, H&H,WR, Kmen, and so on. In the field, I noted, that the gun carried for scaled quail, and chucker were no slackers in terms of value, Browning Superposed, AYA, Merkels even the H&H and Purdy.
I am a firm believer, that no matter the value for me I'll tote it through the brush or across the field and use what it was intended for.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kinda poked a nerve there I guess..When we had the B&B we had pretty much ALL double gun shooters as guests. One of our regulars whom I still shoot , often shot a Boss in the morning and a Model 97 Winchester in the afternoon. He didn't miss much with either one. Another regular had a pair of Arizabalagas (sp) and couldn't hit his ass with either hand. Lotsa high dollar guns, used by mostly men who knew how to shoot. It aint the arrow, its the Indian...I think that if I had the money, I would spend it on a gun that I could shoot well. Pretty much saying what Stan said...Don't think I could rationalize buying a "club gun"...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gt1900
I did the opposite. Shouldered the Rizzini, hunted with the Guerini Elipse EVO, and went with the Inverness. Glad I did. While they are all very nice guns, the Rizzini and EVO look and feel like every other factory rifle you buy from Italy. The Inverness does not. But that's why we have choices.

Rifle ????

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ROTFLMAO Stan. I saw that too and was going to respond but got distracted. Funny, but quite telling also.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.