Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Fourteener54
Originally Posted By: Ken61
Irrelevant opinion from an America-hating Commie Canadian. You insult my Country, you pay for it. Cause and effect.

Besides, it's FUN!

Let's us keep an open forum and not more vitriol, please

You've directed your post to the wrong person. I respond to violations of decorum, I do not instigate them. I suggest you rethink your reaction.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Ken61 #469983 01/20/17 10:30 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why are you getting frazzled over my observation, Ken, as if you never heard of The Tea Party, and opinions differing from yours become violations of decorum?

Decorum means "seemliness, propriety, etiquette; particular usage required by politeness or decency"---OED. Like yours above.

King Brown #469985 01/20/17 10:35 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Why are you getting frazzled over my observation, Ken, as if you never heard of The Tea Party, and opinions differing from yours become violations of decorum?

Decorum means "seemliness, propriety, etiquette; particular usage required by politeness or decency"---OED. Like yours above.

Frazzled? Hardly. I swear, King. You're to the point that you've been casually insulting America and Americans so long that you no longer understand or comprehend you're doing it. Have no fear, I'll be sure to point it out for you.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guys like King eventually get Domi'ed. Just a matter of time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think Trump cares a rats ass about taking over "leadership" of the Republican party. Controlling them is like herding cats. He owes them nothing and they owe him very little directly. Indirectly they will get blamed, along with him, if nothing gets done and all in the house and a third in the Senate must run in two years. Kind of feet to the fire.

I heard his speech today and he directly smacked down both parties leadership and both of the last two Presidents. Minced no words about getting things done. We have had grid lock for 20 plus years. Time to get back to work. And if you listened he as much as said the K street lobbies and other "think" tank types are not going to have a lot of input or write the bills for a while.

It all about momentum. If he gets a lot done in 30-90 days, even if it is just repealing almost every Obama executive order, it will seem like a avalanche. Repeal Obamacare, in parts and replace it with workable solutions, over the first few months will make opposing him almost too risky for a lot of politicians.

He is a deal maker at heart and will be able to get both sides to agree to somethings like road and bridges being a priority. He wont get it all but 3/4 a loaf is much better than none and that was what Obama settled for. His way or he was happy to see nothing done. He was one of the worst leaders I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As long as you go by your Constitution (especially the 1st Amendment) and stick to the great American tradition of treating the leaders rationally (and not believing in them like in some kind of Gods), you'll be fine.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Fourteener54
I got a laugh from Secretary of Treasury Nominee, Steven Mnuchin, "I forgot about my $100M in real estate", "I forgot about the Cayman Island Hedge Fund management position" "The kid's $1M in art.

"It was a simple mistake amid a mountain of bureaucracy, an innocent error"

Goldman Sachs - "Our client's interests always come first"

Where did I put that Swamp Pump?

Taking him at his word, it must suck to have so much money you forget about that much wealth. (a little irony)

Remember the Former President's first Treasury Secretary was unable to file his personal taxes properly.

That said in Trumps nominee's case, maybe it takes a guy who knows all the tricks because he practiced them to understand them and put the interests of his new clients, the American People first. (given confirmation)

At this point all the confirmation process sniping is not sure indicator of future campaign promise delivery. Past Presidents (FDR - Kennedy) made big use no previous government experience private business office appointments with mixed success, some worked well (at least from the appointing President's perspective), some did not.

In the end we will have to see what gets delivered by the new administration a few years down the road. While I have doubts, they fail to compare to what my doubts on what Hilary would have done.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

king, we love our Constitution,all of it but in particular the second amendment.former president obama had a history of wanting to ban private ownership of firearms.we shouldn't have to fight for our rights every time we change leaders.so it was worrisome when former president obama was elected.(i enjoy typing "former president" obama)

Sidelock
Sidelock

MC, Why is it that people from cities with high gun crime rates all seem to think gun control will reduce gun crimes? The war on drugs, which made them illegal and the possession the same, has done nothing to reduce drugs. There is a total disconnect there. If you were to see how many guns used in crimes were registered and legally owned at the time of the crime I bet it would be less than 10%. If so that is a 90% criminal rate before they pull the trigger. But making all drugs illegal has not stopped them and to make all guns the same will have the same poor result.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Re an earlier remark: A federal hiring freeze would be a contradiction of President Trump's plan to expand the military. Now if they were to cut one civilian in the Pentagon for every 10 soldiers, sailors, airmen or Marines they enlist, that might be a good idea.

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.