May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, Jusanothajoe), 261 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,703
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
mc #470020 01/21/17 08:57 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: mc
(i enjoy typing "former president" obama)

It does have a nice "ring" to it, eh?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

kyjohn,im confused by your comment?

mc #470023 01/21/17 09:15 AM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

king, we love our Constitution,all of it but in particular the second amendment.former president obama had a history of wanting to ban private ownership of firearms.we shouldn't have to fight for our rights every time we change leaders.so it was worrisome when former president obama was elected.(i enjoy typing "former president" obama)

When Obama went in office he could have taken on gun control and made deep inroads in destroying the second amendment had he chosen to do so...

Instead he chose to morally destroy our country.

He should be charged with treason and locked away with his husband and the Clintons in Gitmo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
king, we love our Constitution,all of it but in particular the second amendment.former president obama had a history of wanting to ban private ownership of firearms.we shouldn't have to fight for our rights every time we change leaders.so it was worrisome when former president obama was elected.(i enjoy typing "former president" obama)

When Obama went in office he could have taken on gun control and made deep inroads in destroying the second amendment had he chosen to do so...

Instead he chose to morally destroy our country.

He should be charged with treason and locked away with his husband and the Clintons in Gitmo.

Obama did take actions promoting gun control. His only obstacle was the Senate filibuster, and even then only after the death of Ted Kennedy and Scott Brown's election. The only thing that really stopped him was that some Democrat Senators were from Red States and were on the record against it.

This was the whole point of "Fast and Furious", a False Flag attack designed to shift public opinion in favor of Gun Control. I remember the daily reporting by Obama's minions at the press briefing, reporting on the carnage in Mexico, always linked to guns coming from America. It was only after Whistle Blowers exposed that the guns were being fed by the Obama administration did it stop.

Obama should have been impeached, and him and Holder should have been extradited to Mexico.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

MC, It is an observation that those who would infringe on your right all seem to justify it by saying it will make everyone else safer. Which taking rights away from one group does not make anyone safer. I don't like the protesters but I do respect their right to protest as a form of free speech. It is not hate speech as they too often see anything said by those who don't support their views. Now violence has nothing to do with free speech and for that they should be arrested.

The Left has become too intolerant these days of anything but their views. If I wanted to be a organic only, vegetarian, only using PC speech, driving a Prius hybrid and living a zero carbon foot print life I would choose to do so myself not be forced to do so at someone else direction.

And for the record I agree that Holder should face criminal charges. Refusing to enforce laws is not his right. He is there to make sure all laws are enforced, not just those he likes. Fast and Furious was a conspiracy and those who ran it should go to jail. It killed many people, all for a political agenda. Those who were behind it should be exposed, their motives exposed and they should be in jail.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

any one know where john kerry is?i heard he was working up to the last minute,and for the record,obama would have taken every gun away if he thought he could,and anyone involved in fast and furious should be in jail,who the hell came up with that good idea,and why would anyone go along with it?

L. Brown #470051 01/21/17 12:29 PM
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Re an earlier remark: A federal hiring freeze would be a contradiction of President Trump's plan to expand the military. Now if they were to cut one civilian in the Pentagon for every 10 soldiers, sailors, airmen or Marines they enlist, that might be a good idea.

In theory a great idea. Unfortunately none of those active duty folks know how to buy a bean or a bullet, get it delivered and reshipped to the war fighter. I think the support tail as I call it is way too large, but the reality is the operators who use all that stuff in the military don't want to worry about anything but having the stuff. I remember years ago we had DEA try to give us a bunch of confiscated boats/airplanes/vehicles and said hey, its all free. We said where is the money to support all this stuff actually working and continuing to work for the next 5 or 10 years (we called it the tail). Without the tail all the best equipment in the world goes into a state of disrepair in short order. If your not giving us the tail, don't give us the tooth as pretty soon all those teeth fall out.

If Trump does rebuilt the military I hope he not only adds soldiers/equipment but also hires the number of civil servants required to support that war fighter and cuts the number of industrial contractors who are making tons and tons of tax payer money well beyond what a government civil servant would make to do the same exact job.

foxes rule
tut #470054 01/21/17 01:44 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

tut, I don't do you a favour by agreeing with you. My sentiments are of a minority here but of a majority on the evidence of your popular vote and enormous, unprecedented public blowback today.

What you say of the "tail"---which makes everything run--- is at the heart of our perilous times. The USA is comprised of more than middle-aged white men, understandably frustrated as they are. Government isn't a business, and can't be run like one, not a single part of it, particularly the military.

The president and commander-in-chief is a businessman of no civic or military experience who seems to have forgotten the No. 1 management rule of knowing your customer, the American people, the American culture, their institutions. His rhetoric doesn't even square with those he has chosen to execute it.

Your "tail" reference really struck a chord with me. During the Second World War, the Japanese military knew early on there was no hope of victory when a wing modification from a Zero shot down in the Aleutians turned up in an American fighter in little more than a year. The American tail is its people. It's not all about him.

King Brown #470057 01/21/17 02:04 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

King....you have these complaints about Trump being a "business man" as though that gives him absolutely nothing in the way of prior experience in what may be required in governing.

Where was that concern when the US elected Obama, a man by all accounts with the thinest of resumes, with the least actual experience doing ANYTHING?????

The Left's hypocrisy raises its ugly head yet again. Really King, even you would have to admit this.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
canvasback #470058 01/21/17 02:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
King....you have these complaints about Trump being a "business man" as though that gives him absolutely nothing in the way of prior experience in what may be required in governing.

Where was that concern when the US elected Obama, a man by all accounts with the thinest of resumes, with the least actual experience doing ANYTHING?????

The Left's hypocrisy raises its ugly head yet again. Really King, even you would have to admit this.

Someone should tell skeptics that "experience" is over-rated. Last one with experience was George W. Bush remember where he took us?

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.