May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Kip, Argo44, 1 invisible), 975 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,619
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jjk308 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The change will wreck our sport. See the NRA-ILA website for full info. It's just in the "comments" stage now and generally massive response against a rule change kills it. Your words WILL be heard.

I found it a little confusing but not really hard.
All you really need to do is get to the search documents form at http://www.regulations.gov/fdmspublic/component/main

select - "ALL DOCUMENTS RECEIVING COMMENTS"

Then select OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION on the pull down list

Then select PROPOSED RULES

Then pull down DOCUMENT ID, and paste in OSHA-2007-0032
leave "any word" checked
click on "SUBMIT"

When the search results come up click on the "ADD COMMENTS" ballon at the end of the line.

When filling out the form that comes up for your address, etc, uder company, I used "Self"

The comments I posted, based on the NRA-ILA ones:

Dear Sir or Madam:

I have been using ammunition and reloading it for years and strongly oppose OSHA’s proposed rules on “explosives,” which go far beyond regulating true explosives. The propellants in ammunition burn so slowly, unless deliberately enclosed in a strong pressure vessel, that with minimal precautions they are no more dangerous than many common household and garage chemicals. In my experience unloaded ammunition propellants are much less dangerous than some common solvents, such as lacquer thinner, and loaded ammunition is extremely safe.

These proposed rules would impose severe restrictions on the transportation and storage of small arms ammunition—both complete cartridges and handloading components such as black and smokeless powder, primers, and percussion caps. These restrictions go far beyond existing transportation and fire protection regulations.

As a person who uses ammunition and components, I am very concerned that these regulations will have a serious effect on my ability to obtain these products. OSHA’s proposed rules would impose restrictions that very few gun stores, sporting goods stores, or ammunition dealers could comply with. (Prohibiting firearms in stores that sell ammunition, for example, is absurd—but would be required under the proposed rule.)

The proposed transportation regulations would also affect shooters’ ability to buy these components by mail or online, because shipping companies would also have great difficulty complying with the proposed rules. For instance, the rules against leaving any vehicle containing “explosives” unattended would make it impossible for companies such as United Parcel Service to deliver ammunition to businesses or consumers without massive changes in their operations (such as putting a second driver on any truck that might happen to deliver a case of shotgun shells).

There is absolutely no evidence of any new safety hazard from storage or transportation of small arms ammunition or components that would justify these new rules. I also understand that organizations with expertise in this field, such as the National Rifle Association, National Shooting Sports Foundation, and Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers’ Association, will be submitting detailed comments on this issue. I hope OSHA will listen to these organizations’ comments as the agency develops a final rule on this issue.

Sincerely,

Sidelock
Sidelock

Those who would Rule Everything never sleep and their number is endless. The wolves' brainwashed proxies will never quit until the sheep are properly helpless and dependant on the goodwill of the fang-bearers; much better citizens, doncha see?

Don't miss this chance to shove it back down their throats.

Cheap entertainment, too.

Relax; we're all experts here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is clearly an end run around the right to bear arms. So, OK, you can have your guns but you ain't gona git no ammo. Gotcha! This is somethins that the repealers of the 2nd amend have been working on silently for a long time. It worked in NYC. David

Sidelock
Sidelock

So then, my theory of banning lead shot was not so much off base.
Ban lead shot, switch to steel and presto - thousands of guns are taken off the pond.
...and those were just baby steps laddies!
I'm sure our in house, butterfly chasing enviromentalist will soon join the ranks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Shouldn't that be STSHA (SPARE TIME SAFETY and HEALTH ADMIN.) What does OSHA have to do with it? Health and safety of those who produce and ship ammo, reloading supplies?

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's not as tho' we're collecting salt&pepper shakers mates!
There's a huge part of the population that finds what we do distasteful.
So, if there is a conspiracy theory floating around - I'll run it thru the mill a few times.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The proposed rules are overreaching by Dept of Labor. I don't think they understand that they have put their hands on the 3rd rail.

The rules are not a joke, but as John M states, these have little/no chance of being implemented. These bastards must be fought at each and every encroachment. Send in your comment (these comments go into the Federal Register) and watch DoL suck it up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have submitted my comment that begins by explicitly stating the premise that OSHA rules on explosives safety fit within the goal to facilitate use of explosives, including my concern, small arms ammunition, propellants and primers.

Regards

Sidelock
Sidelock

As FYI, this morning Rush Limbaugh made his audience aware of this new OSHA proposed rule; describing it as a back-door ploy at gun control. If talk radio can inspire only half the reaction their listeners gave their repective senators on the amnesty issue, this attempt won't have a chance.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry:
But I've tried to pull up this document for over an hour with no luck. Could someone paste it here so I can print it?
jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.