May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (dogon, smlekid, CJF, Lloyd3, 1 invisible), 271 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,518
Posts545,710
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: mc
king, we love our Constitution,all of it but in particular the second amendment.former president obama had a history of wanting to ban private ownership of firearms.we shouldn't have to fight for our rights every time we change leaders.so it was worrisome when former president obama was elected.(i enjoy typing "former president" obama)

When Obama went in office he could have taken on gun control and made deep inroads in destroying the second amendment had he chosen to do so...

Instead he chose to morally destroy our country.

He should be charged with treason and locked away with his husband and the Clintons in Gitmo.

I do not understand. When I go to stores and about town people still do things they used to before Obama. The lost rights came as result of The Patriot Act which was instituted under president george w. bush.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: canvasback
King....you have these complaints about Trump being a "business man" as though that gives him absolutely nothing in the way of prior experience in what may be required in governing.

Where was that concern when the US elected Obama, a man by all accounts with the thinest of resumes, with the least actual experience doing ANYTHING?????

The Left's hypocrisy raises its ugly head yet again. Really King, even you would have to admit this.

Someone should tell skeptics that "experience" is over-rated. Last one with experience was George W. Bush remember where he took us?

Experience....no experience. In this area or that.

I'm not making a judgement of the value of experience when it comes to being President of the US. I am making a judgement about people who apply different standards depending on whether they support or don't support a candidate. It's called hypocrisy.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm a businessman, no slight intended. In fact, more of business free trader getting government out of what citizens do better, a dynamic that won us 2014 one of most distinguished resource sector prizes in the world.

As for resumes, we're alone in managing provincial private lands forestry from the bottom-up without technocratic or bureaucratic interference, the most radical institutional change on the continent. Corporations suck public teat.

We have experience as owners of the land, and the moxy to force governments to let us do it with greater competence, less expense and no public blow-back. Our businessmen and women are a big part of it.

Leadership, James. Leadership.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hillary For Prison 2018
King Brown #470066 01/21/17 02:54 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
All cool here, JRB. How many times have I said that I have faith in America's institutions, "which always get it right over time."

You surely haven't forgotten my prediction at the last administration change, when all hands here were weeping and wailing about losing their guns.

I said any changes could only be cosmetic ones because "Americans are in love with their guns." I'm pleased you're feeling better.

No thanks to you King! Why don't you tell us the whole story, beginning with your prediction that Trump would be defeated in a massive landslide by your favored anti-gun candidate Hillary Clinton?

Then be sure to tell everyone how you suggested that we and the NRA should give in to Obama and the anti-gun forces after the Newtown school attack. Did you forget about that King? The thread was locked, so using the QUOTE function is not possible:

But here's a quote by you King Brown, copied and pasted verbatim from your post # 308159 on 1/8/13 where you lambasted the NRA and suggested that they should consider the massive gun control Obama was attempting to shove down our throats as he exploited a tragedy to infringe upon our Constitutional Rights:

(Quote: King Brown)"Your messages appear as from one who hasn't been involved directly in action of what it takes to beat back grabbers other than a NRA membership. (And that antagonizing NRA comment while the nation mourning was no service to our cause, as I said here at the time. Better that the NRA would consider what Obama proposing and it would respond in good time in the country's best interests etc.) Unwarranted inflaming of public opinion is a mistake, and in confrontations of this kind, it's the faux pas that can kill you. Some November dandies come to mind." (Quote: King Brown)

Remember King, wherever there have been infringements upon our Gun Rights, they have been enacted by the type of Liberal Left Democrat politician that you support and defend. They are given aid and comfort by closet anti-gunners just like you. You lie about their intentions and attempt to LULL us into complacency about their anti-gun intentions.

During that exchange where you said that "Americans are in love with their guns", you left out some of it:

The Second is what originalists and others want it to be, the former seeing any variances as infringements. So it goes and ever will be. It is not inviolable and inalienable as some members want all of us to believe.

Americans love their guns. I said during the weeping and wailing of an anticipated Obama onslaught that any changes on his watch would be cosmetic. Gun rights are a minefield where any politician moves at her peril. The president's last 21 Executive Orders on gun control hardly got a mention here---if one, at all.

How convenient of you to leave out the juicy dishonest part about Obama's last 21 anti-gun executive order hardly getting a mention here... if at all? You know damn well that was a lie, and that Jim, myself, and numerous others did a hell of a lot more than merely mentioning it. We shoved your lying nose in it, yet you still went on to say this:

It's hardly mean-spirited to note that I'm an Obama supporter. I'm proud of it, apparent here as long as he's been around. He's anti-gun but has kept his legislative gun in his holster to position his party for '16.

Once an anti-gun fraud, always an anti-gun fraud, eh King?

Originally Posted By: canvasback
The Left's hypocrisy raises its ugly head yet again. Really King, even you would have to admit this.

I'm kinda surprised to see James actually expect you to admit to the hypocrisy of the left. He knows that will never happen. And I'm pretty sure that old colonel, oops, I mean old hypocrite, will lambaste King for yet more of his thread diversion by going off on a tangent about his little pulpwood clear-cutting enterprise. Not!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

King Brown #470067 01/21/17 03:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm a businessman, no slight intended. In fact, more of business free trader getting government out of what citizens do better, a dynamic that won us 2014 one of most distinguished resource sector prizes in the world.

As for resumes, we're alone in managing provincial private lands forestry from the bottom-up without technocratic or bureaucratic interference, the most radical institutional change on the continent. Corporations suck public teat.

We have experience as owners of the land, and the moxy to force governments to let us do it with greater competence, less expense and no public blow-back. Our businessmen and women are a big part of it.

Leadership, James. Leadership.

Yes King, leadership IS important. Leadership is something Obama was given 8 years to offer and has been found lacking. Obama is a failed leader. Failed in America....failed around the world.

A FAILURE!

Trump has "led" his corporate empire for 30 plus years. He has led his employees to more successes than failures. And now we will see if he has what it takes to provide leadership to America.

I don't know if he does.....no one does at this point. But I didn't pretend that an attribute my guy definitely doesn't have is a prerequisite for your guy's success.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jagermeister, could you please help to divert this thread to a discussion about double guns?

You could start by telling us about some of your doubles.

Oh, wait, I almost forgot. You don't even own any doubles. You're just here to Troll your own support for Liberal Left anti-gun politicians by also pretending to be a double gun afficionado... something like King Brown does.

Don't worry though. FUDD's like old colonel will support having Trojan Horses like you in our midst. But at least show us a picture of that Chinese .22 rifle you rent, and your toy stuffed animal collection too.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #470071 01/21/17 03:25 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Jagermeister, could you please help to divert this thread to a discussion about double guns?

You could start by telling us about some of your doubles.

Oh, wait, I almost forgot. You don't even own any doubles. You're just here to Troll your own support for Liberal Left anti-gun politicians by also pretending to be a double gun afficionado... something like King Brown does.

Don't worry though. FUDD's like old colonel will support having Trojan Horses like you in our midst. But at least show us a picture of that Chinese .22 rifle you rent, and your toy stuffed animal collection too.

How come you have never posted pictures of your guns here?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
How come you have never posted pictures of your guns here?

But I have. Sorry you missed them. You were probably busy campaigning for Barack Obama, the anti-gunner you told us you proudly voted for two times. Or maybe you were busy attempting to find some way to denigrate pro-gun politicians as you do every chance you get. Or you may have been busy composing threads about guns that you never had any intention of actually buying, such as your recent tire-kicking threads.

By the way, your recent claims that you voted for Trump after you spent the entire campaign posting negative remarks about him might fool Ed Good. But nobody with a brain is buying it.

And really, since I have been nothing but 100% pro-gun, pro-NRA, and pro 2nd Amendment... and never once supported an anti-gun politician... and have never pretended I was interested in buying some expensive double when I am so poor that I have to rent cheap Chinese .22's and put inexpensive guns on layaway... I don't think I have anything to prove to a Troll like you.

So once again, can you please tell us why you spend so much time here when you don't even own any doubles??? I have asked you that question about a hundred times with no reply.

canvasback #470075 01/21/17 04:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was agreeing with an earlier point about leadership and experience, James. Not Trump's or Obama's. Neither comes with initials after names or time on the job. In this case I was referring to mine with country folk collectively knowing better than governments and corporations how to do a lot of things---and doing it to the world's highest standards. As for popularity for performance on the job, compare Obama's after eight years and the incumbent's after one day: citizens in all the West's capitals taking to the streets, biggest thumbs-down at home and overseas in modern US history.

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.