May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (rocky mtn bill, Hammergun, 2 invisible), 431 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,536
Posts545,998
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a New Ithaca SxS 28gauge Grade 4 late manufacture gun with the Merkel manufactured Krupp barrels and if I recall correctly VGM receiver. The guns is both high quality and beautiful. Fit, finish and function compare favorable to the current Spanish SxS guns retailing over $8k.

On the other hand the early (Italian component) guns had some issues...as did the close out part sets.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know a few partially complete guns walked out the door at the end!!!. Some have probably been finished and sold as original. Plus they were finishing guns quickly to raise quick money and the quality was not the best. I had a chance to buy a 2 barrel set 16 gauge that was probably 60% complete. I passed due to the price and just didn't feel comfortable with owning it.

Last edited by Woody402; 02/26/17 09:05 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Beschi completed 410. The most obvious deviation from an American ICD is the wood. It's a dark, plain, straight grained wood, of unknown species to me.

When examined closer, the ICD logo in the game scene border, on the bottom of frame, was obliterated by stippling.

Further function tests reveal other mechanical issues. The chambers were too tight, the cocking cams over cut, etc.

For the average guy, a Beschi marked gun is a nightmare. I went in eyes open and aware of the issues and aware a 410 sxs in any make is somewhat rare and expensive. My advice is to avoid them. I see some Beschi assembled parts gun being advertised as ICD guns. A picture of the bottom of the frame and barrel roll marks will identify these parts guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I remember seeing several Beschis on a table at a gun show several years back. Looked down the outside of the barrels on one, saw a lot of ripples. Didn't see any without ripples.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry,
In general, the workmanship is low to average on my Beschi. I can't speak to the ripples right now as it's in the safe. But I don't recall them on my gun. I'm still messing around with it to get it in good order. I have it apart for fixing the cocking cams and timing. ....another project I need to return to.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.