March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian Forrester), 657 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's modified lower and light full upper. Shoot it some and see how you like it. Also double check it with a bore gauge, which should give a good reading because I doubt the gun has been over bored..

Last edited by pooch; 03/03/17 07:05 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is IC bottom and Mod top smile

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought so.
Karl

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miroku's of that era did NOT follow Browning's choke markings at all, though they do look similar, they do NOT have the same meaning.

Suggest that you simply shoot it on a grease plate w/the ammunition intended for a specific use first. Then you can decide whether or not you wish it opened further.. or simply go shoot some skeet w/it low gun. Are you hitting the targets? Are the breaks good or..? Back at the grease plate do both bbl.'s seem to shoot to the same POA [Point Of Aim]? If the answers are 'yes', you are home safe; don't make further ado of it.

I'd made a similar suggestion once to another person who'd inquired here and was promptly roasted by an individual in IL. Another member got a decent pheasant hunt out of it & they both had a grand time as I recall and it did not invalidate wot I'd suggested in spite of remarks made to the contrary.

Its a quick & dirty method to find out how the gun shoots for you. I'll stick to my guns [Ha!] on the suggestion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree, to the extent that I built a 4' x 4' grease plate to do so.

All I will say is that shooting a patterning plate with your guns is eye opening. Some will be more open than you thought, and some will be tighter. Some will "cross shoot" at certain distances, some will be perfectly regulated. Some will shoot higher, or lower, than you thought they did.

But, at least you will know.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am not new to shotgun chokes and patterning them. But lacking a bore guage I just wanted to confirm what the markings indicated as other interpretations made little sense. I will certainly pattern them on the grease plate the next trip to the gun club. The gun is for my youngest grand daughter to begin shotgun instruction and hopefully a few doves this next fall. She is already started with rifle and pistol.

Appreciate everyone's help in deciphering the Miroku code.

Last edited by Jerry V Lape; 03/03/17 11:56 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's another issue with the Browning choke markings, going back to the Belgian guns: They tend to be choked tighter--in some cases, quite a bit tighter--than guns from other makers with the same degree of choke. Always good to measure . . . and pattern.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: skeettx
It is IC bottom and Mod top smile

That should work for most things...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes it should and does for me as my fixed choke Brownings are IC/MOD. For close work in the IC barrel I use spreaders for woodcock and the like.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

I could not agree more with tw.
Just to add that, let the grand daughter shoot the grease plate as she is the one to use the gun. From this you can see what is all really going on with both gun & shooter.
My bet is that she will surprise you & the chokes will be good to go as they are.
As a boy I learned to shoot a very tight Beretta 12 gauge gun. Any choke less than that was then easy peasy.
O.M

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.