March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dan R), 819 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wisconsin accepts anything with alcohol and we are very close to New Jersey. Ship it to my home and I will hold it until the owner can pick it up. Wink, wink.

Tom C

�There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.�
Aldo Leopold
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think one bottle is going to start a revolution....

Let me guess Pappy Van Winkle.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave Weber
I was tempted to delete this post. Yet, whiskey is close enough to bourbon to keep me interested.

eYe for a new whiskey section....

It would be a great place for fellow gun enthusiasts (when they've had a few) to ponder over screws, loose screws, screws lost and missing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was in a group being selected for a jury trial concerning a shipment of five bottles "collector grade" wine. The purchaser said what he received was not what he ordered and paid for. The seller said that what he shipped was correct, and the bottles must have been intercepted somewhere and either substituted or relabeled or whatever. I don't remember if the carrier was FedEx or UPS.

The lawsuit was for $25,000.00, but I thought that wasting a jury trial and three days on this matter was uncalled for, and said so, and I was not picked for the jury panel.

What I did take from this was that entrusting such a valuable, perishable, and irreplaceable item to the common carriers was a risky proposition. You probably should use a bonded carrier with photos, documentation, certification, and plenty of insurance.

Either that or just open the bottle and pass it around to your fellow organization members and give the buyer his money back. Would save you a lot of hassle.

HHH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looking at Total Wines site they will ship to New Jersey so I'm betting that shipping alcohol into the state is okay. They ship using Fedex.

Sidelock
Sidelock

FedEx/UPS...how dreadfully boring. Get some Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, Mel Street and Gary Stewart 8-tracks and run it out there Gator McClusky style. Have HojOe run blocker for ya.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Given half a chance, UPS will break it, sure as hell.

I don't know if it's $500 or $5000, but I'd double box it into a large box with plenty of cushioning. Most boxes I receive from UPS look to have fallen off of their conveyor system multiple times.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Only requirement I know of is that an adult - 21+ - has to sign for it. I got a note at home while I was at work, and they told me they could not leave it. So I had them deliver it to work, and told receiving to be on the look out and NOT to open it. grin

Last edited by Virginian; 03/08/17 11:25 AM.
Mike A. Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This bottle is from a distillery called Knob Creek in Kentucky, if that means anything to anyone. Jerseyboy paid $4000 for it; his taste buds must be better educated than mine.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I've passed it on to the poor soul tasked with "gettin' 'er done".

The ducks, geese, and brant at Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve (which gets the proceeds) also thank you, and hope not to meet you over decoys any time soon....they're afraid you might know EXACTLY what to do in THAT situation!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Slowpokebill
Looking at Total Wines site they will ship to New Jersey so I'm betting that shipping alcohol into the state is okay. They ship using Fedex.

Note NJ law looks at hard liqour and wine differently.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.