Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#474674 03/11/17 06:14 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

why is gun fit such a big deal for sxs double gun shooters and not so much for o/u shooters? and pump gun and auto loader shooters could care less?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #474675 03/11/17 06:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Where did you get that stupid idea Ed? Maybe you were too busy posting anti-2nd Amendment nonsense such as this, rather than researching the subject:

Originally Posted By: ed good
as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

if society, via our law makers, deem it necessary to restrict or prohibit our possession of certain classes of arms, then every good citizen should obey the law for the good of the majority.

and if some here wish to discuss further restriction and prohibition of certain classes of arms here, then why not?

And when you weren't posting anti-2nd Amendment crap, you were attacking dove hunters and posting garbage in support of anti-hunting groups like PETA:

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is the largest animal rights organization in the world, with more than 3 million members and supporters.

PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in the clothing trade, in laboratories, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds, and other “pests” as well as cruelty to domesticated animals.

PETA works through public education, cruelty investigations, research, animal rescue, legislation, special events, celebrity involvement, and protest campaigns.

Read more: http://www.peta.org/about-peta/#ixzz2nGfdrBVK

don't sound so bad to me? what do you think?

and here is what Wikipedia has to say about peta:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

again, whats the problem some have with this organization?

Have a nice day Ed.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good #474678 03/11/17 06:56 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

where is that ignore button?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #474680 03/11/17 07:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Professional competitors usually shoot vertical guns while dedicated upland hunters often choose horizontal guns and care about appropriate cast and lop. The casual Country Sod using pump or semi-auto is not concerned enough to care. What is surprising is rifle hunters don't seem to care at all about the gun fit where one would seem it would be important (one hole in game vs many tiny ones). I suspect Europeans shooting running game probably care more about rifle fit as opposed to Americans who stalk their game and shoot it like Marine Snipers.

ed good #474682 03/11/17 07:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

That does not seem to make a lot of sense.
Gun fit is just as important for any shotgun action type. Still the same thing that the shooters eye is the rear sight.
It may just be that some folk think fit can be compensated for by firepower.
I have a bolt 12g shotgun with a rear sight & it can be shot like a big rifle.
O.M

ed good #474683 03/11/17 07:23 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, is your question acts like bait for bad manners. If so, I guess it worked

As Moses states before me gun fit is important for any shotgun action type.

I do not believe that O/U shooters or competitive shooters ignore gunfit. While many may, the best pay attention to everything.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
ed good #474689 03/11/17 08:24 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

SXS shooters put more into stock fit as, at least from my experience shooting one requires instinctive response. A lot of single barrel shooters aim at the target, some get very good at it. This style of shooting compensates for stock fit. I can't imagine they would be tops in competitive clays, though.

Even with a massive 10 gauge SXS, I tend to shoot better when a quick response was necessary. I read something about getting on target with rifles, a heavy British double rifle properly fitted was on target first, a relatively light "handy" lever action rifle (one stock fits all) was on target last.

ed good #474691 03/11/17 08:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I shoot my BSS in S x S competition events I premount it, same as I do my O/U comp gun. I won the AA class in the S x S event in 2010 at the U. S. Open with it. I had just gotten the gun and hadn't even opened the choke yet on the left barrel. It was still full choke.

When I shoot ducks I mount it and shoot in one motion. A gun does not have to be mutually exclusive of one or the other. You can shoot both ways with the same gun.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
ed good #474692 03/11/17 08:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed - have you been to a trap or sporting clays competition lately? Have you noticed how many shooters have adjustable comb stocks to customize stock fit?

ed good #474705 03/11/17 11:32 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

why is gun fit such a big deal for sxs double gun shooters and not so much for o/u shooters? and pump gun and auto loader shooters could care less?

Yes its a generalization, but I share this observation. I've also long ago concluded that a good shot is a good shot, no matter what shotgun is thrust in his hands.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.