April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jtplumb), 1,113 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ed good #474719 03/12/17 02:48 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel
Bless you for your kindness and good manners

Then again, was there any?

Yes Mrs Kravitz, there was the sound advice to check your dictionary before you go off half-cocked, and once again demonstrate your mental deficiency. But no need to thank me with blessings that you really don't mean. Many here would consider such disingenuous behavior as mocking God... and they'd be correct. However, I wouldn't expect anything else from a petty hypocrite who has such a holier than thou attitude.

Good night. Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead one hour.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

ed good #474720 03/12/17 03:17 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Who am I to think you do not wish me a good night? Am I to think you disingenuous? I accept your good wishes and hope they were meant.

I wish your were blessed with a little restraint and kindness, or at least better internet posting manners.

I mock nothing save your posts, which you can't seem to bear without coming out from under your cyber bridge in Pennsylvania where you hide and snipe from.

I wish you well and better manners, and if not that then restraint.

If you cannot abode reading my posts ignore me, but then you would have to show self restraint.

Bless you, as damming you is not my place and would be unbecoming, anyway damnation is a personal choice and not externally driven anyhow.

I remain hopeful of your future good manners and restraint

Last edited by old colonel; 03/12/17 03:18 AM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
ed good #474742 03/12/17 10:59 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

i certainly agree that length of pull can be a factor in the comfortable mounting of a gun...however, all this business about cast, pitch, drop at heal, drop at comb, etc... well, it just seems to be much to do about very little...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #474756 03/12/17 01:28 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
however, all this business about cast, pitch, drop at heal, drop at comb, etc... well, it just seems to be much to do about very little...
If you don't hunt seriously or shoot clays at a good competitive level, then that assessment holds good for Good. However if you go out of your comfort zone and change your experience, then so will your perceptions be changed.

The mass produced guns that come out of the factories are by and large a reasonable fit for Mr Everyman, who is not shooting serious competition or into game shooting big time.

That however doesn't stop the likes of Beretta selling their semi autos with a set of adjustable shims to alter the parameters you mention, and including an extra different length butt pad in the deal. They are meeting a customer requirement.

Nor does Mr Everyman always find the standard stock to his liking. Although I have the body, carriage and gait of a Greek God, virtually no "ordinary" gun allows me to see anything other than the bump of the action when my cheek is on the stock; no foresight, no rib, nowt. So all mine have to be twiddled around, they'd be useless otherwise.

I've shot a fair bit of driven game, and believe me a properly fitted gun is a help. Ditto wood pigeon when I was shooting 3000 of them a year, and geese with a 3" magnum; good fit makes heavy loads and multiple shots more bearable.

Your experience is what your experience is, but it isn't that of anyone else.

Eug

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
ed good #474764 03/12/17 02:25 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Seeing that most autos and pumps from respectable makers come with stock adjusting shims, and doubles do not, it would seem that fit concerns auto owners a fair amount.

eugene molloy #474765 03/12/17 02:26 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eugene molloy
That however doesn't stop the likes of Beretta selling their semi autos with a set of adjustable shims to alter the parameters you mention, and including an extra different length butt pad in the deal. They are meeting a customer requirement.

There was a charity "tower shoot" for pheasants held locally yesterday morning. A local bank asked me to shoot in behalf of their sponsorship. Naturally I obliged!

Shells were to be provided and I figured they would be heavy duties. Yep, Fiochi 1 1/4 oz. high speeds. I didn't want to chance my sxs's or my shoulder to that so I brought my Beretta gas gun.

I don't shoot that gun often, but I noticed yesterday that with the shims aligned right and the correct kick pad, that gun fit me as well or better than any of my doubles. That always shows in my shooting even though I am certainly not a high level shooter...Geo

ed good #474778 03/12/17 04:13 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

suspect that much of this gun fit business, is in fact business for those who provide gun fitting services for a fee...and fine tuning your gun for perceived better fit and fine tuning your ammo for perceived better performance are confidence builders...making one perhaps a better shooter, because one thinks he will become so, by correcting equipment issues that may conflict with desired performance goals...have observed this same phenomenon with golfers, sailers and fisher persons...

Last edited by ed good; 03/12/17 04:15 PM.

ed good #474785 03/12/17 05:10 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I refuse to believe, that as a gun dealer & whatever else you have to do with guns, that you do not better understand gun fit.
So for the purpose of your temptation to argument I will again state that the shooters eye is the rear sight on a shotgun.

Nearly every other sight system on firearms is adjustable. Rear sight for both wind age & elevation & front for wind age & elevation.

Even though the sight system on a shot gun is not supposed to be squinted along & aligned like a rifle, the sight picture is still important.
The stock fit is what adjusts the gun into the persons sight picture correctly so that the gun shoots where the eye looks.
Wind age by cast & comb thickness & elevation by drop at heel & comb height.
Why is this so difficult to comprehend ?

If my golf club is to short for me it will cramp my swing & effect follow through.
If my A class catamaran sail is not tuned to my weight then the sail will belly & depower.
Like wise to lure fish for flathead while wading on sandbanks & use a uglystick boat rod may catch a fish or three, the cast & retrieve are going to be a bit laborious.

Do you ever find that after your wife or kids have driven your car that the seat & mirrors need to be adjusted back to suit you ? Or do you just drive off all cramped up under the steering wheel & hunch over so you can see in the rear view mirror ?
I think that adjustable seat slides in auto's are over rated.
If you can drive, then you can drive, what has the seat to do with anything. It is just a place to put your butt.
The mirror is useless too. You should be looking at where you are going & not where you have been.
O.M

ed good #474787 03/12/17 05:46 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well gee, moses...if you put it that way, then making it fit just for you makes sense...plus, it is fun to tinker with things and people...

Last edited by ed good; 03/12/17 05:48 PM.

ed good #474788 03/12/17 06:09 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
it is fun to tinker with things and people...

There you go folks. That is the true topic heading.
O.M

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.