May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Guy Ave, SKB, 1 invisible), 301 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,501
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

To make this site better the webmaster has expended offerings by providing us with several sections. "Feel free to use this system to discuss your doubles, drillings, combination guns, other fine firearms, and related material. The rules are really......" I suppose members should decide what constitutes other fine firearms.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Cost is not as much of a factor in the ownership of good double guns as most posters would make us think. Gun buyers who "don't get out much" truly do have to pay through the nose for high quality guns. However, gun shows, clay target shoots, the internet, if used to find guns, are the way to great guns at reasonable prices. I have been shooting Krieghoffs in competition for decades, paid $775 for my first one, and not much more for the ones that followed. My Beretta 682 was bought directly from the company for $1200. My English guns were bought a bit on the cheap also. Just keep your nose to the ground. They are out there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
To make this site better the webmaster has expended offerings by providing us with several sections. "Feel free to use this system to discuss your doubles, drillings, combination guns, other fine firearms, and related material. The rules are really......" I suppose members should decide what constitutes other fine firearms.

Jagermeister, are you really going to use that to justify the fact that you, a guy who doesn't own even one Double Gun, posts regurgitated crap about semi-autos and pump action riot guns here on a DOUBLE GUN forum?

I'd like to discuss why we should believe anything you say when there have been so many inconsistencies in your claims. You have lied to us about the guns you claimed to purchase. You have lied to us about the number of guns you own. And you have lied to us about your reloading activities. Then yesterday, when you got busted in lies about your reloading activities, you compounded that lie with another lie as a lame and unbelievable excuse:

Post # 472881 on 2/22/17- Thread :" 16 ga loads not filling the hull?"--
I use plastic particles they use in buffered shot. Not sure where I got it from, but it works pretty well. Depending on manufacturer I think it's called Grex or something similar. It fills up the cup a little and provides wonderful cushioning for the shot above it. Very professional.

Post #475337 on 3/17/17- Thread: "Reloading Herter's 16 Gauge Shells from Cabela's"--
Time = money. I always buy factory loads and never re-load for that reason. In free time I like other activities that involve fresh air like hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting,.....

SO WHAT DOES A LIAR WHO SAYS HE NEVER RELOADS SHOT SHELLS USE GREX FOR ???

Post # 476288 on 3/37/17- Thread: "Information on Gunmaker Rivolier Pere et Fils"
Mr. "We" I do not reload shot shells. Repackaging is not equal to reloading.

That's a good one Jagermeister. Does the Grex do a good job of keeping your shells cushioned in the boxes? Why do you have to repackage your shotgun shells? Is it because every other one is positioned backwards in the original box, and it gets confusing when you load your gun? Does the Grex make a mess and get on your clothes when you take shells out of the box? Do people around you at the skeet club you think you have dandruff?

Sorry for going off topic. Perhaps I should start a new thread to discuss repackaging shot shells in Grex. More people need to learn about you and your new and creative use of polycarbonate shot buffering granules.

The Internet is full of frauds and liars.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
The Internet is full of frauds and liars.

And don't we all know that!

I'm not sure that the O/U is the pinnacle of anything but fad. It has been subject of more development, and marketing, but nothing has been arrived at that is not xferable to SxS's for the most part. And personally I feel that O/U's are subject to more compromises of design than SxS's by far. Much is made of how difficult it is to produce a SxS compared to an O/U and I say that is just BS. There is certainly nothing that modern production techniques cannot accommodate. Beretta and others build/have built perfectly fine SxS's for little or no more than a comparable O/U at any price point.
Get serious people - the SxS is a victim of fad and marketing and making excuses as an explanation is tired. If George Digweed were shooting a SxS guess what every wannabe would have to have? And I'm certain that a 21st Century SxS would impose no handicap to him.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
....If George Digweed were shooting a SxS guess what every wannabe would have to have? And I'm certain that a 21st Century SxS would impose no handicap to him.

Chances are, that would be playing to a tiny choir that knows of the fellow. What would you propose for the general market? I'd doubt composite stocks and banana clips on a side by side would appeal to the weekend wanna be merc. What would have to be screwed onto a side by side to make it a 21st. century competition gun, Perazzi parts until it handles like a good OU, then flip the barrels?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The SxS defeated Sturm, Ruger & Co., a well financed modern design and production operation if there ever was one.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
The SxS defeated Sturm, Ruger & Co., a well financed modern design and production operation if there ever was one.

An unaltered market defeated Ruger, trying to sell to a market that was unimpressed by the product.

"Chances are, that would be playing to a tiny choir that knows of the fellow. What would you propose for the general market? I'd doubt composite stocks and banana clips on a side by side would appeal to the weekend wanna be merc. What would have to be screwed onto a side by side to make it a 21st. century competition gun, Perazzi parts until it handles like a good OU, then flip the barrels?"

That is all stupid enough that a reply is unnecessary

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Major competitions would have to be shot and won by SxS shooters. What is needed is for people who go to shooting clubs on consistent basis is to see guys using mostly SxS shotguns with only few O/U or other types. It would help if that show with "Duck Commander" started using SxS shotguns exclusively. Another way SxS admirers "shoot themselves in both feet" is having the so called "Side by Side Shoots". I can understand no semi-autos or pumps but why can't a fella with vintage field grade O/U with fixed chokes plus double triggers shoot along with SXS guys? That is not allowed correct?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The vast majority of people I know who shoot game and clays use O/U, from silver pigs to high grade FN Brownings. I keep hearing something a lot from them. It'll be a story about the old guy on the shoot who shoots an old SXS. It may be hammer or hammerless, 20,16 or 12 but the same thing crops up in the conversation every time.
"Bloody hell he shoots well with it" or "I don't know how he drops those birds with that old thing"
I never tire of hearing those tales smile

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
...."Chances are, that would be playing to a tiny choir that knows of the fellow. What would you propose for the general market? I'd doubt composite stocks and banana clips on a side by side would appeal to the weekend wanna be merc. What would have to be screwed onto a side by side to make it a 21st. century competition gun, Perazzi parts until it handles like a good OU, then flip the barrels?"

That is all stupid enough that a reply is unnecessary

No big deal, I completely understand. I wonder what keeps Perazzi in business, not just a buzz word. A handful of elite shooters that can use the tool to its utmost, or customers buying the name with no real intentions of using its capabilities.

Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.