April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Fudd, Jtplumb, Ted Schefelbein, skeettx, Birdog, 1 invisible), 463 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,472
Posts545,155
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Yeah-could have been a sleeper l, but no more. I see that as a super fox that will end up with a solid amount of case color after a little oooo wool. That isn't pitting. That is surface rust that may be totally superficial. It is being saved just in the nice of time! Would have been a very solid gamble, but not at 3700 for me !

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steel wool would be a good way to remove the colors that remain. Put it in an ultrasonic cleaner and then. carefully scrape with a sharpened piece of brass. Could be a real beauty under all the crud. I have cleaned up much uglier guns.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

They loose at poker because they are bad at math. 2% chance any card in the deck is he one you need. If you only have a single card that will give you the winning hand you are betting a long shot. I had a fellow who told me looking for just one card like that was a 50:50 bet. He figured it was yes or no but truth is that it is yes, no,no,no......no. And he wondered by he arely won on such 50:50 odds.

As to bidding early I agree it is a mistake. Draws too much interest.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Pardon my general/ casual speak. I meant more the barrels w/ the wool, but in any case without being a gorilla one would have a gun with a lot of potential.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
If that was the case, I sure wouldn't be running up the bidding 4 days prior to the end of the auction. But people show their hand all the time, and then wonder why they lose at poker.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't buy at auction much but when I do, I make no bids until the last possible second. I want to depress the crap out of the guy who thought he was going to get it for a song. Works more often than not. Maybe not for steals but for generally keeping the prices sane.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/11/17 08:32 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is there any obligation to any of the bidders while it's under the minimum? Maybe, someone wants folks to think they're missing out on something.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
What you are missing grasshopper is seeing what you are looking at. That is not a Sterlingworth straight grip ejector. If you ran the serial number you'd figure out what grade it is.

Here is my guess. It is not an A,B,C,D,F grade. I think it is an HE with a straight grip. Not sure if it is a 3" or just regular chamber gun. Don't be scared but all that fluffy surface rust. Most of that will quickly clean up. So if it sells for 3,500 and cost 2,000 to restore is that a steal or just a gamble.

It definitely is not an HE, Master Po. Description says it does not have ejectors.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan I went by the pictures as above. Looks like ejectors to me. Would you pay 3500 for it in it's condition? If it has 3" chambers how much does that add to the gun value? I think it might be a decent risk. I sold my H grade for more than that and it did not have ejectors.

With those crappy photos you just can not know. Are the barrels matched to the gun or replaced? Is it an ejector gun or a extractor gun? Are the barrels original to the gun? Do all the serial numbers match? All these questions are needed to figure the real value out for the gun. I've asked for more and better pictures so we can all figure out what this Fox is.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My apologies, Jon. I should have looked at the pics. I only read the description which said it was not an ejector gun. It most certainly is an ejector Fox. My bad.

All my best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This stuff is just hilarious.

This is a 'gun shop' with supposedly 160 sales on that website, is that right?

Yet, he shows no pictures that convey information anyone needs to make an semi-intelligent bid.

You don't suppose... this might be accidentally intentional?

This guy is not in the gun business, he's in the deception business.

It's worth $50 unless proven otherwise.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.