March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Researcher, Jimmy W, SKB, arrieta2), 786 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
keet: please just be honest with yourself and us and recognize that this forum is not an appropriate place for you or others to express views, except as they pertain to the topic of a thread...

Not sure exactly what you mean. This forum is an appropriate place to civilly express views.

Staying on topic is good courtesy and doing so allows others to not have respond to diversions.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

old: this is a forum dedicated to discussion of doublegun topics...and nothing else.

it is not supposed to be a place to express views about other topics.

staying on topic and being civil is the responsibility of all posting here...problems develop when we stray off the topic of a thread.

restoration of the misfires forum would provide an outlet for the discussion of topics and the expression of views not appropriate for this forum.

Last edited by ed good; 04/29/17 01:49 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

all those in favor of restoring misfires, notify dave...maybe he will bring it back...

Sidelock
Sidelock

all those in favor of restoring misfires, notify dave...maybe he will bring it back...

Ah, erm, what makes you think spamming our host about going off topic is a good idea? Would you please start your own appropriate thread, unless you're providing examples pertaining to the main topic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

well craig, i think of it more as petitioning...

Sidelock
Sidelock

old: this is a forum dedicated to discussion of doublegun topics...and nothing else.

it is not supposed to be a place to express views about other topics.

staying on topic and being civil is the responsibility of all posting here...problems develop when we stray off the topic of a thread.

restoration of the misfires forum would provide an outlet for the discussion of topics and the expression of views not appropriate for this forum.

So how was encouraging us to support Bloomberg, the virulent anti-gun billionaire, in a run for the Presidency, a double gun topic?

How is Jaegermeister's incessant exhortations to for all of us to buy a new M37 pump for all our shotgunning needs, a double gun topic.

I'm all for civility and Keith knows clearly where I stand on that, but I'm even more against hypocrisy.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/29/17 02:09 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

back: both are topics for misfires...

Last edited by ed good; 04/29/17 02:29 PM.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Canvasback, I am bothered too by posts about M37's and non double topics and accept civil counter posts as a valid course

Not sure why the election which we won is still much to kick someone about, how long can you stay angry at silliness and still post about it. I cannot say I have seen a pro liberal post here lately, much less a pro gun control one (that is unless a virulent pro 2nd Amendment man posted it)

The election is done and I don't see the evil infiltration of our board having any chance of finding converts here. Surely you are not in fear that Ed or King, or the others on the hit lists, for example, could change your mind on politics if left alone to post about doubles?

The tripe justifying thread diversions and name calling is just that tripe

If a thread is political, have at it, but does everything have to be about the 2nd Amendment where pariahs must be identified and trolled after?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

old colonel etal:
I haven't been posting here much after having multiple directly gun related threads hi-jacked by the lefty trolls on here. Life is too short as I rudely found out 3 days ago to sit here and argue with them. IMO they provide nothing of any real value here and they should have been banned long ago. I am a strong proponent of the 1st Amendment when a general audience is the target but the audience here is specialized and I suspect that if a poll was taken they'd be thrown off in a heartbeat**. They are again IMO the equivalent of someone going onto a Planned Parenthood forum and advocating the abolishment of abortion. I can just imagine the reaction that would get there.
Jim

** Most of the membership here remains silent so this is an assertion on my part that is unproven.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

OC, I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of Ed admonishing Keith et al to stay on the topic of the board while he goes off topic whenever he feels like it. And pointing out that he doesn't complain about JM when he regularly goes off topic talking and promoting every kind of gun but classic doubles.

I've had my discussions with Keith about the likelihood of any anti gun liberal swaying my mind, or frankly the minds of just about any member here. Suffice to say I think it is somewhere between slim and none.

I've also been clear with Keith that I like having those guys here....keeps us sharp. Know thy enemy and all that jazz. And I think Keith's tiff with you borders on the pointless.

But I don't mind Keith regularly pointing out the hypocrisy of supporting gun control politicians while advocating using guns on this site. A vote for Obama, for Clinton, for Trudeau in Canada was a vote against private gun ownership. Plain and simple.

I live in a country that has ALL of the forces of government lined up against gun owners with no allies and no second amendment. I have no time for the Fudds who think because they shoot old guns and just for hunting, they don't need to defend the rights of black gun owners.

The antis don't stop. They will never stop until guns are out of private hands....all guns. So gun owners need to be constantly defending their current position and working to roll back the stupid laws already enacted. Pretending, for example the way the 16 Gauge Society does, that you can own guns and not be politicized is just naive. I'm very glad our benefactor Dave is content to let us exercise the right of free speech. I'll take the bad with the good.

And....as has been said many times....don't like it, read on.

Edit to add: BTW, Unlike many here, I am perfectly content to read with interest while threads get hijacked. I think of them as conversations and my conversations, at least the enjoyable ones, veer all over the place. I'd hate to put a straitjacket on them.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/29/17 04:56 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.