April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (earlyriser, Bob Jurewicz, fullandfuller, eeb, 2 invisible), 412 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,802
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

My copy of "Live Pigeon Trap Shooting: Its History, Appurtenances, Descendants, and How to Do It" by Cyril Adams arrived today.

A great book! Mr. Adams provided prompt shipping too. Just an excellent read.

Thanks to Mr. Venters for his post on this thread.

Sidelock
Sidelock

More on Cyril's book just posted here:

https://www.theexplora.com/

Charles: Bill Wise shared much of his pigeon-shooting ephemera with Cyril to help illustrate the book. And you will be pleased to see the P-Gun gets its due as the dominant gun of modern winners in the ring.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am only getting started reading mine. The illustrations, and photos are great. For me it was well worth it, I'm impressed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mark II
I am only getting started reading mine. The illustrations, and photos are great. For me it was well worth it, I'm impressed.

I'll second that. A very worthwhile addition to the library.
Jeremy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Vic Venters
More on Cyril's book just posted here:

https://www.theexplora.com/

Charles: Bill Wise shared much of his pigeon-shooting ephemera with Cyril to help illustrate the book. And you will be pleased to see the P-Gun gets its due as the dominant gun of modern winners in the ring.

Thanks, Vic! It's great to know that all the time and effort that Bill put into that accumulation of goodies did not sit idle. He was a world class enthusiast of the ring for sure and I have to think he was thrilled to assist with such a book.

AFA Perazzis go, that's what they were designed to do - competition pure and simple.
thanks again for the note
Charlie

Last edited by Wonko the Sane; 05/17/17 11:14 AM.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just received a copy of the book directly from Cyril - I stayed up way too late last night digging into it. Great content - really enjoying it.

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill Wise provided the illustrations for Rick Pratt's article, Vintage Pigeon Guns, in the March-April 2004 Shooting Sportsman. The photo session was held at Bill's house and was quite a day, for sure. The article pictures several of Bill's and my pigeon guns, as well as Cyril's great Grant 34" hammer gun. Bill's and my friend, Berle Cherney, the photographer, unfortunately was not credited. Bill Murphy

Sidelock
Sidelock

I got a copy directly from Mr Adams as well and it is very much worth the price of admission.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Got one, great read. Disappointed I got to the end. Great job Cyril. Thanks,,

Ernie

Sidelock
Sidelock

Seeing Cyril several times a year for forty plus years , we converse on multiple subjects often. This book was the center of many of those discussions for the past few years.

I am so delighted to see the piece get into circulation, I know how Cyril has anguished and struggled to get it completed in spite of seemingly overwhelming odds ( not the least of which are health issues he has gamely fought to a stand off)

I was somewhat surprised to find myself quoted in the text...
An off the cuff comment I made in reply to a mutual friend now long departed.....

Great piece of work, and remarkably researched.....No easy task when ones subject is not so openly reported as other sports.....

I called Cyril to congratulate him on a job well done.....
He was gracious in his acceptance of it. Then in true researcher mode, he quickly asked "did you find any errors or discrepancies?" Ever the perfectionist,he said he wanted it RIGHT if there perhaps was a second printing.....

I mentioned the incorrect identification of a gentleman I knew in one photograph of European notables, and a bit of trivia regarding the description of the gun used by one of our American legends.....

He said he was making notes as we spoke......

A Wonderful read indeed.....There won't be another like it.......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.