April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,076 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Off topic but funny at an interview with the First Lady,

Van Susteran, "What language is spoken in Slovenia?"

First Lady, looking irritated, "Slovenian."

I would not have known that either. And I majored in foreign languages, and am pretty good on what's spoken where. I probably would have thought Serbo-Croatian, which was the majority language in what used to be Yugoslavia. And apparently is widely spoken in Slovenia as well.

When we got involved in Bosnia under Clinton, in the mid-90's, the military had a lot of Russian linguists but relatively few Serbo-Croatian linguists. Fortunately, S-C is quite close to Russian. So the Defense Language Institute created a special course to transition Russian linguists to S-C. The unofficial name for it was "Turbo Serbo".

Sidelock
Sidelock

You would think that the interviewer would find that out before hand without asking the First Lady.

She should have answered her in Italian, then switched to German, then switched to Ukrainian and all the rest of the languages she knows fluently and watch Van Susteran's head explode.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"Jani, its not that young, BC is 1993"

Thanks, that sounds more what I expected. I bought the gun second hand from Germany about a decade ago.

And speaking about the First Lady, I live not far away from her birthplace. And I speak Slovenian too smile

With kind regards,
Jani

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jani. that's great!!

I'll bet a lot of tourists visiting to see her home these days.

Van Susteran looked nervous during that interview and a little intimidated by the First Lady.

DLA Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Back to the Bernardelli. The gun in question #85000 was made in 1965. Appears to be a side plated box lock with 27 1/2" barrels. 2 3/4" chambers and choked .028 and .039. Straight stock, splinter forend with sling swivels. Bright finish side plates. 75% engraving.

The gun was purchased in Italy and brought here by the young mans grandmother. Trying to determine the model now. If it were a US import of that era I would say a Gamecock Premier. But having been purchased in Italy I'm not sure.

With the exception of the two boxes of shells the young owner fired a couple weeks ago I would guess the gun was stored away upon arrival here and never used.

Dennis

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.