May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Birdog, Ian Forrester, Gr8day), 268 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,537
Posts546,015
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
KY Jon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

If you had a number he could then ask if any men a died to it in WWI. Had a fellow ask me that question about a .45 Colt. Told him I don't think so, no notches carved int the grip. What do some of these nuts drink or smoke before they come looking at a gun?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
If you had a number he could then ask if any men a died to it in WWI. Had a fellow ask me that question about a .45 Colt. Told him I don't think so, no notches carved int the grip. What do some of these nuts drink or smoke before they come looking at a gun?

Old sword once dipped in blood is worth more than one that wasn't. Walther PP 7,65mm that once belonged to member of Death Head unit is worth whole lot more than one carried by policeman or postal clerk. Look, it makes more sense than being pro-life and pro-gun. Now, those two concepts put together are a conundrum yet that is how it is here.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you even own a double shotgun yet Jagermeister? Do you at least have one on layaway so you can brag about it, and then back out of the deal? Could you tell us again how you voted for Trump after you spent several months before the election trashing him and everything he stood for?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
....Walther PP 7,65mm that once belonged to member of Death Head unit is worth whole lot more than one carried by....postal clerk. Look, it makes more sense than being pro-life and pro-gun. Now, those two concepts put together are a conundrum yet that is how it is here.

Please stay on topic, weird sellers. If you want to break that conundrum of buy high/sell low, fib about your day job.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cost of an item sold varies according to the buyer.

I just bought a sporting clays gun for my son. Saw the gun when we were grouped up with a gentleman by chance and bought a gun he was shooting that wasn't even for sale. Neither of us knew what it was worth but I made what I thought was a fair offer. He pointed at my boy and asked "is it for him?" I told him it was indeed and he said he would accept my offer.

CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was looking for a 16ga Brit sxs sidelock with 30" steel barrels and decent walls. I found one at a dealer in the UK. It turns out that the gun was consigned by a Welshman who didn't like Yanks. I offered 25% below the asking price and was told he would only accept a full price offer from an American. I should have walked, but the gun was exactly what I wanted so I swallowed my pride and paid up. Even then it took some convincing by the dealer that I was an "OK chap".

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Probably the ASDA pizza guy.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Owenjj3, I know a lawyer who worked with the Nature Conservancy for a few years. One of the purposes of the NC is land acquisition with eventual transfer to either federal or state governments for public use and recreation. There were also tax consequences which hindered tax deductions with direct donations or sales below market value to government. In order to get full benefit of the tax laws, the property had to be transferred to a non-profit corporation such as the Nature Conservancy which would then transfer the land to the government. There are sellers who would for either political or philosophical reasons would rather burn and salt their land than allow the "tree huggers" to get hold of it and would refuse to sell to the NC. The lawyer would set up shell corporations for the NC to make the buys on some properties in order to conceal the actual buyer. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Owenjj3, I know a lawyer who worked with the Nature Conservancy for a few years. One of the purposes of the NC is land acquisition with eventual transfer to either federal or state governments for public use and recreation. There were also tax consequences which hindered tax deductions with direct donations or sales below market value to government. In order to get full benefit of the tax laws, the property had to be transferred to a non-profit corporation such as the Nature Conservancy which would then transfer the land to the government. There are sellers who would for either political or philosophical reasons would rather burn and salt their land than allow the "tree huggers" to get hold of it and would refuse to sell to the NC. The lawyer would set up shell corporations for the NC to make the buys on some properties in order to conceal the actual buyer. Gil

Gil, makes perfect sense to me. LOL Although I'd add not just the tree huggers but the government as well.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Probably the ASDA pizza guy.

Hahahaha....don't ever stop LR!

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.