May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (buckstix), 788 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,497
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Ken. I have some of that and was thinking about trying it next time.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not to take away from Mark's original post.

I was told by a retired gunsmith years ago to also lightly heat the barrels to get the molecules moving and then tap on the spot.
I find out what the bore diameter is right before the dent and make a steel plug that is tapered and slid it under the dent. Many times you can raise the dent without even taping on them.
As to a bulge, anything under 20" from breech is a not good. No guarantee the metal is going back to that spot.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

These barrels on my Lindner Daly were blued and worn. Pete Mazur refinished in black and gray - as you see them. MWT is 30 thou.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.
Sidelock
Sidelock

C Man,

Could you please post a full set of pictures onto our Lindner Daly thread?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467518#Post467518

Please include pics of any marks or lettering on action and barrel flats, tube marks on the underside, APUN stamps, action sides and bottom, as well as lettering on the rib. It would make a nice addition to the thread.

Thanks

Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting coloring variation on the tube pattern. Hard to tell by the pic, but it appears to me that two irons out of the three have colored slightly darker, possibly to create the "Barber Pole" effect similar to higher grade Parkers. The main difference being on Parkers only one of the three irons colors darker.

Or, obviously my current run has driven me crazy.

At least they're not talking to me yet.

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken61
C Man,

Could you please post a full set of pictures onto our Lindner Daly thread?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=467518#Post467518

Please include pics of any marks or lettering on action and barrel flats, tube marks on the underside, APUN stamps, action sides and bottom, as well as lettering on the rib. It would make a nice addition to the thread.

Thanks

Ken

Ken - I only have a few photos. I will have to take more when I get the time.

It does have HAL over crossed pistols and serial #604 with crown over S, crown over W, crown over U and several marks that I cannot make out.

I think you may have the data for this gun in your database?

Last edited by Chukarman; 07/13/17 05:10 PM.

C Man
Life is short
Quit your job.
Turn off the TV.
Go outside and play.
Sidelock
Sidelock

C Man,

We should be able to (I should say Raimey will) come up with an approximate. Potentially lot's of other good info as well. Please don't forget.

Thanks
Ken

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.