May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ted Schefelbein, Borderbill, Vol423), 247 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,547
Posts546,163
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
What guns were you using Stan?

Was using my 20 ga. 687 SPII Sporting (30") for the 20 event, the old 30" BSS in the S x S, and my 31 1/2" fixed choke Perazzi, with .020" in both barrels, in the Prelim.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Always makes me feel good when someone I know wins. Congratulations.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I love shooting doves near a young guy who shoots at them too far. If he and I shoot at the same dove and I kill him, I will sometimes holler to him "Your bird ..... good shot!!".

Stan
When I was an 11 year old kid trying to learn dove shooting with a single shot bolt action .410 and folded my "first" dove, I ran out to retrieve my prize never realizing that the man I shared the blind with had fired at the bird simultaneously. I was so elated that I never realized till much later in the afternoon that it was this gentleman who'd most likely killed that bird. But I never forget the lesson I learned that day which was, in the opinion of this individual it was far more important that he allow a kid to believe he'd bagged that bird than it was to claim it himself. That lesson has remained with me to this day; and anytime another shooter, and especially a young shooter, believes he's bagged a dove at which we've fired at simultaneously, it's always the other guys bird. I observe this "rule" even when there's a split second difference in the sound of the shot and I know the bird actually folded when I fired. For me it's just the right thing to do; but I've also experienced the same sportsmanship from others on a fair number of occasions when a bird dropped as I fired jointly with another shooter and the other guy insisted that he'd missed; that it was I who'd made the kill.

Good shooting in the clays event; and may you enjoy another great dove season. Tom

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Again, great shooting, Stan. Hope we can shoot together sometime in the future.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I WISH I HAD BEEN THERE TO LET STAN BEAT ME!

Last edited by Stallones; 08/21/17 05:41 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan

Was using my 20 ga. 687 SPII Sporting (30") for the 20 event, the old 30" BSS in the S x S, and my 31 1/2" fixed choke Perazzi, with .020" in both barrels, in the Prelim.

SRH

Isn't that the Beretta you took to South America?

Sidelock
Sidelock

SRH

Yes, one and the same. There is not another gun that I own, or have ever owned, that I can pick up and shoot as well as that one. It can sit idle in the case for 9 months and I can put it together and hit with it just like I did many months ago. I have to put a leather lace-on pad on it to increase the LOP to what I need, but other than that it is a stock gun.

It's been to Cordoba, Argentina twice .......... and if I go back next August as planned it will go again. I won't go if I can't take my own gun. I have been thinking seriously about buying another just like it to have an extra. It is that special to me.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stallones
I WISH I HAD BEEN THERE TO LET STAN BEAT ME!

That's the only way I would have beat you, you ol' deadeye. wink

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Way to go, Stan. Always good when age and experience edges out youth, sharp eyes, and quick reflexes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

SRH

Yes, one and the same. There is not another gun that I own, or have ever owned, that I can pick up and shoot as well as that one. It can sit idle in the case for 9 months and I can put it together and hit with it just like I did many months ago. I have to put a leather lace-on pad on it to increase the LOP to what I need, but other than that it is a stock gun.

It's been to Cordoba, Argentina twice .......... and if I go back next August as planned it will go again. I won't go if I can't take my own gun. I have been thinking seriously about buying another just like it to have an extra. It is that special to me.

SRH

Stan, the SPII Beretta is one of the best buys in an o/u shotgun ever. I have really enjoyed my 30" 20 ga. Gallery version I bought from the Dallas Beretta Gallery back in the late 90's. The trigger is as perfect as any shotgun I own. It's a killer gun when I do my part.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.