March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (NZHunter, SKB), 293 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#488576 08/24/17 12:47 AM
DES/TSD Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Eugene Lawrence (Larry) Peters left on Sunday August 20, 2017 at 5:20 AM. Larry survived Bladder Cancer several years ago. However, it appears as if the Cancer came alive again in his Pancreas at stage 4 and was discovered sometime the first two weeks in August 2017. He was treated via Chemo, sent home on Wednesday 8-16-17, suffered a Stroke on Thursday 8-17-17,rushed back to Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, WA. He never left the Sacred Heart Hospital.

He is survived by his mother and brother in Canada. Larry's craftsmanship involved metal, wood, metal finishing, and engraving. He was a member of both Firearms Engravers Guild of America and the American Custom Gunmakers Guild for many years. He was a member of the Odessa Four Square Church in Odessa, WA. He served the community of Odessa in many ways. His life revolved around guns,engraving,hunting,dogs,church, and family.

I first met Larry in Clackamas, OR while working with Kimber of Oregon in 1984. I remember bringing him my first "custom" gunstock for inspection....His words I will never forget..."it is fine for a first try but you have a long way to go for a custom gunstock". I still have that stock to remind me of Larry and the commitment I made to do better work. I and Larry became members of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild. Larry and I talked often to keep up on each other's doings. I will miss our conversations.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry left many fine artifacts for future generation to enjoy and appreciate. I worked with him on several projects including a sidelock shotgun and Hagn single shot rifle, both he elaborately and artfully engraved. They can be seen on my website.

Larry was most proud of being accepted into the ACGG as a Metalsmith, Stockmaker, Metal Finisher and Engraver just about covering all the bases. He was an active member of the Guild on the BOD and several committees.

Larry came through Montana several years ago from central Washington riding a relic Honda 350(?) on his way to Cody, WY for an ACGG function. We spent the day repairing his bike so he could continue his trip. That was after his cancer and he was strapped to a catheter bag.
Larry also spent some serious time in New Orleans as a volunteer helping clean-up after Katrina.

Larry was a righteous man driven to create. He never shied from learning new things and he was a dog guy.
May you rest in peace my friend, Larry Peters.

Last edited by SDH-MT; 08/24/17 10:26 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish I had had the honor to know him. RIP Larry.

Sidelock
Sidelock

May God Bless His Family. Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry was an excellent engraver and gunmaker and an all around good guy and will be missed by the community!

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SamW
Larry was an excellent engraver and gunmaker and an all around good guy and will be missed by the community!

I can only second Sam on the passing of Larry. Larry, Kenny Majors and I collaborated on the ACGG Remington 1894 Guild auction gun and he was a pleasure to work with and great fun also.

Although Larry did not engrave the 1894 I always admired his "English Scroll" it was fabulous!

I will miss him!

Doug

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

Didn't know him at all but I sure wanted to win the custom Remington 1894. That was a gorgeous gun that all who had a hand in its creation shoukd be proud of.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Godspeed, Mr. Peters. I didn't know you, but, I did know your work, and the world is a poorer place without it.

Best,
Ted

Boxlock
Boxlock

I worked with Larry on a few projects and on ACGG BOD. Especially I miss our annual 4th of July picnics and long discussions of fine guns. A truly gentle person has left this earthly world and will be sorely missed by many.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tributes from those who knew him (or not) provide hope the world isn't going to hell--a gentle, talented person on a bike with a bottle, burning brightly to the end, an example and inspiration for all of us

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.