March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Owenjj3, SKB, Philbert, dukxdog, Marc Ret), 842 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 81 1 2 3 4 5 6 80 81
Sidelock
Sidelock

AWS, your state dog, I believe. Absolutely coming out of her skin to hunt in the morning, but wasn't interested in the evening shoot. Preferred staying in the a/c. Female, of course.

Here she is holding up her right front, having stepped in some grass burrs. They are pure evil, as she has really soft pads. Getting her to wear doggie boots just wasn't worth the battle.

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fantastic pictures of your outing Mike!

If nothing bad don't happen, this thread will run the '17/'18 season with pictures of shared shooting experiences that will allow vicarious fun from dove, to grouse, the woodcock, to waterfowl, to quail and other small game, and wind up with next Spring's gobblers. I may even post a deer pic or two if I get lucky.

Repeating myself, but this is my favorite thread of the year...Geo

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
How often does she get a perm? She sure has some curls. I don't notice any cockspurs, burrs, beggar lice, etc., in her coat. My dogs would be head to toe with them around here. It's a little too warm for them early dove season. I will give them buzz cuts for cool weather hunting. Sure cuts down on the embedded burrs, etc. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

You forgot Spanish needles, Gil.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Mike,
How often does she get a perm? She sure has some curls. I don't notice any cockspurs, burrs, beggar lice, etc., in her coat. My dogs would be head to toe with them around here. It's a little too warm for them early dove season. I will give them buzz cuts for cool weather hunting. Sure cuts down on the embedded burrs, etc. Gil

In this pic, you can see them on her chest, ear, and on the bird. Have to do daily maintenance on her to keep the count down. I once spent three hours getting them out of her coat- dinner fork is best on her coat, longnose pliers to get them out from between her pads.

Sidelock
Sidelock

is your doggie an irish water spaniel? used to hunt grouse and pheasant with one 30 years ago...she was a wonder!

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm Irish, she's American.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure who was more overjoyed that dove season had finally arrived....Miss Bella the lab or her grey-bearded old owner.
DeHaan S2 28 gauge with 28" barrels converted a limit of doves into some fine poppers for the grill. One side of a dove breast, slice of jalapeno, slice of onion, slice of water chestnut and wrap with bacon....grill over hot coals and drizzle with thinned BBQ sauce. Mighty fine eating.

Last edited by GaryW; 09/06/17 12:54 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Having some dove with your bacon?

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't worry builder, that bacon fries right down to practically nothing before to eat the dove poppers!...Geo

Page 4 of 81 1 2 3 4 5 6 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.