May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ian Forrester, Guy Ave, Borderbill, 1 invisible), 567 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,501
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

yawn...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

". . .It's like what you do to a three year old who is acting up to get attention. You can't always give him a swat on his bum like he might need. But if you just ignore him he will stop because even a three year old figures out it is not working. You need to remove the attention they are getting. First step is to not show it. Second step is to not talk endlessly about it. Don't debate it just stop paying it any attention. By that means you will have taken away their platform . . .

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's funny how things sometimes have a way of playing out old colonel. In a rare and timely coincidence, the answer to your earlier question about what I may have contributed to this thread by pointing out Jagermeister's false claims about guns he has claimed to own popped up in another thread on another forum.

In the Classic Rifles forum, there is presently a thread entitled "H. Barella 7x57 Mauser - Tight Chamber?" The author of the thread asks us for opinions on what to do about a fine pair of custom classic Mauser rifles he has purchased, and the 7 m/m apparently has a chamber that is too tight for SAAMI standard 7 x 57mm Mauser ammo. He also provides several photos of this lovely pair of rifles which he now owns. He tells us that he bought the pair on auctionarms.

H. Barella 7x57 Mauser - Tight Chamber?

Pay close attention now to what can happen on the internet when someone dishonestly claims to own guns that they do not actually own:

Originally Posted By: relics6165
Ken:

Stunning set, and very well bought, too! If these were mine, I, like the other posters here would most likely just clean the chamber with a 7X57 reamer, and call it done.

Completely off topic, did you know this set is for sale on Armslist for $1900 out of Michigan:

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7267788/mi...n-guild-guns--m

Caveat emptor!

Wow! Did you see that old colonel? How would you like it if you had sent some unscrupulous seller a check for some fine rifles that were being auctioned or sold on another firearms website by someone who didn't actually own them? This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Once people start lying to you, there is no telling where it may lead. This could simply be a case where the original and legitimate seller had these guns listed in more than one place. If you tried to buy them, the seller might tell you he has already sold them and they are no longer available. Or it could be a real case of attempted fraud which has happened to many trusting souls before. So I ask... would you buy a used gun from this man?

Post # 472881 on 2/22/17- Thread :" 16 ga loads not filling the hull?"--
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
I use plastic particles they use in buffered shot. Not sure where I got it from, but it works pretty well. Depending on manufacturer I think it's called Grex or something similar. It fills up the cup a little and provides wonderful cushioning for the shot above it. Very professional.

Post #475337 on 3/17/17- Thread: "Reloading Herter's 16 Gauge Shells from Cabela's"--
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Time = money. I always buy factory loads and never re-load for that reason. In free time I like other activities that involve fresh air like hiking, mountain biking, fishing, hunting,.....

Remember, this is a guy who has also told us that he no longer hunts. But if you notice little inconsistencies like this, you will get branded negatively by other flaming Liberals like Last Dollar or rocky mtn bill, because they don't give a crap about decency or manners or the truth... they only wish to protect their own kind. It's not at all surprising to see the anti-2nd Amendment Liberal left troll King Brown stick his nose into this. Little King pretends to IGNORE me, but obviously he can't. Perhaps it's time to re-post several direct quotes of his anti-2nd Amendment rhetoric to shut him up again. And we've seen the pathological problem Little King has with saying things that just aren't true. A normal person would be ashamed. I've saved lots of examples if he'd like a harsh reminder. Care to see Last Dollar's idea of manners and civility?

Last Dollars post #455568 from 9/7/16
Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Thank you for your input, Keith, you liberal faggot...posing as a conservative so that once you get Hillary elected you can "come out" and get a cushy job . Likely cleaning toilets somewhere......or as you seem to prefer, douche bags....

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sunset and Vine...

https://youtu.be/3wJR3v1o60E

Puritan and Livernois

https://youtu.be/emsaJvOI94w

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Just put him on ignore, Bill. You won't be missing anything of consequence . . . other than a guy with a really bad attitude. And who needs one more of those?

Just what you'd expect from a Muslim loving liberal....the creation of a safe zone inside their own headz.

Gosh Joe . . . this Muslim loving liberal was in the Muslim world as an intelligence officer 40+ years ago, when Black September was quite active. Understanding Muslims better than a lot of folks, based on having lived there, studied Arabic etc does not = loving Muslims or Islam. But intelligence officers are supposed to understand the culture and the people of the countries to which they're assigned. Guess you never heard of "know the enemy". Kinda helps you figure out how to defeat them. But hey . . . back during WWI, it wasn't very popular for German Americans to speak German. In fact, it was made illegal in some places. Guess some folks just couldn't get their tiny brains around the idea that having some of those German Americans in the military might come in handy . . . interrogating PW's, translating captured documents, etc. No sir, no one should be speaking that evil Hun language in this country!

I thought maybe we might have grown up a bit since then. Then along comes Joe . . . easy to understand why he's homeless.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I cant understand why Im lonesome. Never had a clue.

Sidelock
Sidelock

....intelligence officers are supposed to understand the culture and the people of the countries to which they're assigned. Guess you never heard of "know the enemy"....

Yikes, so much for the one or two bad apple mantra.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well this thread sure took a turn for the worse . . . Oh, well, just goes to show you that an appreciation of fine things (double guns) does not necessarily equate to good manners.

Anyway, last night I pulled the Buy-it-now trigger on what I hope will be a lovely shotgun. It was presented as a Stensby English Double. The pictures weren't the best but it's clearly a boxlock and appears to be in decent, though somewhat aged condition. Stensby was a Manchester-based manufacturer/gun shop that began in 1810 and lasted until just a few years ago. Supposedly the gun has 2-3/4 chambers. I'll see it tomorrow. The seller only lives an hour away.

Last edited by bladeswitcher; 09/27/17 04:17 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Best of luck on your find, Bladeswitcher.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Best of luck on your find, Bladeswitcher.

Maybe it would be best to let this thread drop out of sight but since you wished me luck . . .

I met the seller today and took possession of the gun. It's a bit rougher cosmetically than I would like but the gun is sound. It locks up tight. It also seems to balance and handle nicely. It has 30 inch barrels, the left being choked. Bores are "pretty good." Chambers are indeed 2-3/4. Looks like it's had some (amateur) work throughout its life and the buttstock appears to be refinished. The only "Stensby" anywhere is on the rib -- the rear of which has turned brown, providing a rather unusual contrast to the still-blue barrels. I wonder if it wasn't a Birmingham gun that was finished out (or simply labeled) in Manchester.

Had I seen this gun in a shop I might have passed but it was a Gunbroker deal. I don't think I'm hurt any. The gun is worth at least what I paid and probably a bit more. Plus it came with a nice case.

ETA: Found this photo of Stensby's shop. I believe they closed sometime around 1990.

Last edited by bladeswitcher; 09/28/17 10:47 PM.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.