March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ian Forrester, GSPWillie, Tim in PA, R. Glenz, Ted Schefelbein, steve voss), 809 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brittany Man
Originally Posted By: ed good
well, how about amending the federal firearms act of 1934, to include bump stocks and center fire mags over 10 rounds?

or, do nothing at the federal level and let each state determine what level of gun control is best for them?

This is the first time I have ever agreed with Ed Good. Bump Stocks and any other parts that make a semi auto firearm simulate full auto should be considered NFA (National Firearms Act) items & require the same background check & tax stamp as full auto weapons.

It is clear to me that some changes are going to happen re. firearms laws given the political climate & or public opinion. Now is the time for the NRA & other organizations to be working to negotiate with support for reasonable changes such as NFA status for the bump stocks & extreme high capacity magazines in exchange for national concealed carry reciprocity, removal of sound suppressors from NFA status & other items.

I agree that banning or putting bump stocks & extreme high capacity magazines under NFA classification won't make a major difference in mass shootings but it's most likely to happen anyway so we might as well try to get some useful legislation passed along with it. I would hope magazine capacity could be kept @ around 20 rounds as 10 rounds would outlaw lots of popular handguns.

Bullshit. Plenty of gun laws already in place, most of them pretty worthless. Wackos are sneaky.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

IMHO, the NRA won't abandon their 'never give a inch' position on this. They learned the hard way not to negotiate with the gun haters...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Also, the NFA of 1934 did not ban us from the possession of silencers or machine guns. It placed a $200 tax on them along with a background check.

The Las Vegas shooter was a multi-millionaire who easily passed numerous background checks, and could easily afford the NFA tax on restricted items. Ed Good's ideas are just as foolish as always.

guess no body here has the balls to answer my question:

disarm...seems to work for the rest of the civilized world...

why not us?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Things have been a little constipated in those hallowed legislative halls recently. If something bipartisan makes it to anyone's desk for signing, I'd be curious if it was an opportune mechanism to attach a bunch of sorely missed pork. I wonder how loosely principals are bound to election cycles.

Sidelock
Sidelock

ok, so then, any other ideas?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

We already know what ideas you have Ed:

next question:

does the second amendment prohibit state and local governments from regulating the keeping of arms by the people?

i believe it does not...what say you?

as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think this will belie any assessment that gun laws actually work in regard to criminals. Here's what Australia really doesn't want you to know:
Jim

http://www.theage.com.au/interactive/2016/gun-city/day1.html

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

does anybody here really buy dis keet crap?

lets just ignore it an have an adult conversation...

Sidelock
Sidelock

uh james, the nfa of 1934 works...

so far, no one has used an nfa restricted firearm to commit mass murder...

Last edited by ed good; 10/05/17 01:40 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

does anybody here really buy dis keet crap?

lets just ignore it an have an adult conversation...

What's a diskeet? Is it a juvenile attempt at humor? Personally, I make enough of it that I don't have to pay for crap, but adults could, if they wanted to, have a conversation about his facts.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.