May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (fallschirmjaeger, trw999, buckstix), 375 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,347
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brittany Man
Keith,

I was a junior in college in 1968 & well aware of the politics & public mood at the time. Neither the NRA nor anyone else could stop the GCA of 1968. It could have been much worse w/New Jersey type firearms laws for the entire country.

I wish I could allow this statement to stand, but it is absolutely incorrect. It is true that there was a tidal wave of support for gun legislation in 1968, after the Kennedy and MLK assassinations, but there was very little opposition from the NRA or the majority of gun owners for that matter. For that reason, and that reason alone, a majority of Congressmen and Senators went along with the most onerous and sweeping anti-gun law since the NFA of 1934. Liberal Democrat Lyndon Johnson was only too happy to sign. We didn't begin to gain any of our losses back until well after the NRA transformed itself from a mostly Marksmanship Organization into the world's most powerful Gun Rights Organization. Some of it may never be rolled back.

There were extremely strong headwinds against us again back in 2013 after the Left exploited images of dead children after the Newtown Massacre. Many, such as the anti-gun Liberal Left King Brown said it was a battle we couldn't win, and shouldn't fight. King counseled us to give in to Obama and the anti-gunners on high cap mags and Universal Background Checks, and to attempt to claw back some of what we lost after the nation was done grieving.

Originally Posted By: King Brown
I'd feel better about 2nd protection if our side stopped shooting itself in the foot with the makes-no-difference between 10 and larger magazines, cross-messaging of the worst kind. The antis are saying if the difference is 6-8 seconds what's the problem of excluding the 10-plus?

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Your messages appear as from one who hasn't been involved directly in action of what it takes to beat back grabbers other than a NRA membership. (And that antagonizing NRA comment while the nation mourning was no service to our cause, as I said here at the time. Better that the NRA would consider what Obama proposing and it would respond in good time in the country's best interests etc.) Unwarranted inflaming of public opinion is a mistake, and in confrontations of this kind, it's the faux pas that can kill you. Some November dandies come to mind.

That advice was wrong then, and it is just as wrong now. King Brown also attempted on numerous occasions, to LULL us into complacency, saying we would never lose our 2nd Amendment Rights even when he knew a majority had voted to hold hearings on Obama's proposals on the floor of the Senate. Here, and in developed nations all over the world, there is ample evidence that the Liberal Left will never be satisfied with anything you give up... short of total confiscation. While you are suggesting what you consider modest compromise, the Liberal Democrats are openly demanding much more than you would simply give up.

I have provided several ways to both put them on the defensive, and meaningful legislation they could work on that would save many more lives. Do you remember that number of Americans who die each month from drug overdoses? 1230 per week... and they don't give a crap about stopping the flow of drugs from Mexico. If you wish to roll over like a whipped puppy when there are so many ways to fight and retain our freedoms... I guess there is no amount of proof or reason that will change your mind.

Have you given any thought to what other Constitutional Rights you will be willing to give up whenever mentally deranged criminals and terrorists abuse our freedoms? How 'bout free speech, freedom of assembly, illegal search and seizure...? All have come under assault in the name of public safety and saving "just one life."

I am glad to see Jim back... still fighting.

Last edited by keith; 10/05/17 05:51 PM. Reason: Corrected number of deaths from drug overdose each week

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Der Ami
If we don't resist, the left will have prohibited semiautomatic rifles for the first time , since the 90s. The left will no doubt add a provision prohibiting any rifle( or shotgun or pistol) that can be adapted to a "bumpstock". They will sneak it in right before the vote, to keep it out of the debate. If you don't believe it, you haven't been listening to them.

They have been down this road before.
Why was there even a need for the bump stock to be invented?

Here is your answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes I know what a bump stock is.

Is there any reason that a "gadget" the makes a semi auto firearm perform in a similar manner to a full auto firearm can't be placed under the NFA regs & license requirements? Maybe you would prefer they were banned outright?

From the evening news it looks like the NRA is thinking along the same lines & that is a good thing for all of us.

I wish you Rambo types would go off & read your Soldier of Fortune Magazine or better yet enlist in one of the services & then you can play with real full auto stuff!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wish you Rambo types would go off & read your Soldier of Fortune Magazine or better yet enlist in one of the services & then you can play with real full auto stuff!

I do the majority of my rifle shooting with a flintlock, bolt actions, and lever actions, and do not own any semi-autos with bump stocks. I seldom use my semi-autos, and much prefer single accurate shots to spray and pray. You don't have a clue what you are talking about, and are posting inaccurate information about what actually led to the GCA of 1968.

Now you get all pissed and advise us so-called Rambo types to join the military so we could play with full auto stuff. Why would anyone wish to join the military to preserve our Constitution when people like you are willing to roll over like a whipped puppy and give up those hard-won rights when they come under assault by Liberal Left Democrats?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5ELyG9V1SY

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Could be obama set a trap in 2010 and now it has sprung. Never let a tragedy go to waste...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brittany Man,
I don't read Soldier of Fortune, I read the American Rifleman, Rifle, Handloader, Workshop Machinist, and Machinist Workshop, The American Legion, and DAV magazines. I spent 7years 10 months on active duty( 4 years overseas, incl. 1 in Viet Nam)and enough reserve time to give me over 10 years. Now maybe you can inform us about your service. If all they did was put bump stocks under the NFA; but that is not all, they are already talking about other things.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Let's put pressure on the Feds to start prosecuting the 4473 frauds. It is a crime to lie on your 4473. The evidence is right there. A conviction is a slam dunk. What is going on here? The truth is that the Feds don't care who gets a gun and who doesn't. The FFL dealers must think they are dealing with idiots. They are dealing with idiots. The criminals are right in front of them and the 4473 checkers in West Virginia don't give a damn. Why would they? They are working for eight bucks an hour and probably couldn't pass instantcheck themselves. They have to deal drugs to get up to minimum wage. Why do you think the 4473 center is in the panhandle of West Virginia?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes I know what a bump stock is.

Is there any reason that a "gadget" the makes a semi auto firearm perform in a similar manner to a full auto firearm can't be placed under the NFA regs & license requirements?....

...I wish you Rambo types would go off & read your Soldier of Fortune Magazine....

Ouch Brittany Man, nothing like being prejudged, eh. Hurts my feelings.

Of course there's a reason, and it's a very good one. The gadget was vetted by the regulatory agency that oversees such things, and that advice was given to the policy makers in the last administration who acted on it. Please note, the gadget would be arbitrarily placed in a category by an opinionator, not based on fact. You yourself have now down graded the gadget to having similarities.

I'll always choose following a Brittany in the uplands over reading soldier of fortune, and I have absolutely no interest in or desire to possess such gadgets, but allow me to try a different twist on prejudice. You rich and comfortable elites with your fancy high end wing shooting might consider not infringing on Joe averages lawful pursuit of happiness by commingling it with criminal behavior.

You do know what's going to happen don't you. It's not going to be a one gadget and done bill. I hope none of the 'loopholes' or other 'common sense' that they try to grace us with, affect you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

several knees in dc are jerking already...its almost like watching river dance...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoHlrQScWl0

Last edited by ed good; 10/05/17 07:13 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well Craig a silencer it not a firearm & could be considered a "gadget" & it is considered an NFA device so how is a bump stock different?

DerAmi thank you for your service but re. what you support & what you don't support should be selected on individual basis. If it walks & quacks like a duck most people will consider it a duck & most people will not differentiate between a semi auto w/a bump stock & a full auto (most nongun people don't differentiate between semi & full auto either) so if a full auto is NFA so should be a bump stock. As gun owners we are in war for survival of basic rights, we are in the minority & image is everything so choose what you want to support & oppose very carefully.

And to the rest, if you sound like a Rambo want to be that is what I'll consider you until you prove differently. As far as I know there is no sporting or competition purpose for a "bump stock" & it's a poor substitute for a full auto weapon for putting rounds on target so other than use in mass fire into a crowd or making noise playing Rambo why would you want one.

If the anti's have other issues oppose them on an individual basis.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.