May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, CJ Dawe), 366 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,495
Posts545,347
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brittany Man

I wish you Rambo types would go off & read your Soldier of Fortune Magazine or better yet enlist in one of the services & then you can play with real full auto stuff!

I wish you folks wouldn't take a dump on other gunowners to preserve your little corner of gun ownership for a bit longer.

Mike
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Judging from some of the replies it's apparent that some here agree with Obamas justice department when they let the bump stock slip through a loop hole in the 1934 law...

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Breaking news...The NRA agrees with me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

jOe, et al: it aint just bump stocks and mags...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/apos-easy-ar-15-even-232638493.html

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Only motive is the guy was sick in the head....a devil in his head.

Why speculate on his weapon choice it's already been brought out that the shooter was not that gun savvy....

I'd rather give up my right to own a bump fire stock and over standard capacity magazines than I would my right to own an AR 15 with standard issue magazines.

Speculation isn't helpful. You do not understand what goes on in the mind of a sociopath. Eliminating bump fire stocks isn't going to solve anything.

Sidelock
Sidelock

well jager, it might not solve anything, but it may slow erm down...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Only motive is the guy was sick in the head....a devil in his head.

Why speculate on his weapon choice it's already been brought out that the shooter was not that gun savvy....

I'd rather give up my right to own a bump fire stock and over standard capacity magazines than I would my right to own an AR 15 with standard issue magazines.

Speculation isn't helpful. You do not understand what goes on in the mind of a sociopath. Eliminating bump fire stocks isn't going to solve anything.

3D Printer. . .

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Judging from some of the replies it's apparent that some here agree with Obamas justice department when they let the bump stock slip through a loop hole in the 1934 law...

History of firearms innovation and law isn't your strong suit.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is no loophole. ATF definition of a MG is per the NFA of '34. Ie., the federal government owns the legal definition.

The Akins Accelerator was ruled a MG b/c it incorporated a spring. The spring was determined to be the "automatic action" feature (Perlmutter letter). The Slide-Fire stock and Hell-Fire trigger devices do not incorporate a spring, so are not MGs per ATF. This information, and the ATF letters, are searchable.

You can bump fire about any semiauto by matching the elastic characteristics of the trigger mechanism to........a shoestring.....a rubber band......or some practiced hand position. ATF are well aware of this fact. Type "ATF shoestring letter" into your search engine if you think I'm kidding. Certain devices make the process simpler to execute in quasi-seamless fashion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You cant regulate what goes on between someones ears. Many governments have tried. Our constitution does just the opposite.

No law will provide absolute assurance a mass murder wont happen. Any person of average intelligence can come up with more ways to kill than the government can come up with laws. A person bent on killing, without regard to his own life, is more than likely to succeed.

NFA didnt stop those two in North Hollywood from buying the parts and modifying their SKS rifles to full auto.

Bump stocks just replicate what happens when you hold a semiautomatic rifle loosely. Wait til someone demonstrates that On national tv.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.