May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jeremy Pearce, Der Ami, Licensed to kill, Jtplumb, 2 invisible), 301 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,536
Posts546,006
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Sidelock
Sidelock

For those of you w/ a computer, some sheet metal and a file, don't Google 'Lightning Link'.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gold40

RIGIDITY is not always a virtue...

I support banning bump-stocks.

Yup, it sure isn't. And the rigidity is on the part of the anti gun lobby.

Please keep the shoe on the right foot.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gold40

RIGIDITY is not always a virtue...

I support banning bump-stocks.

Where was this thought last week. There are some reports that the violent criminal attempted to purchase tracer rounds and book a hotel room overlooking Fenway ball park. Since a ban would've prevented this, now's the time to call for a ban on tracer ammo and staying at some hotels in Boston. Isn't it?

The clarity is so obvious, the killer's motive was the bump stock. Knee jerk is not always a virtue. If we take a moment to think this through and be proactive, maybe some plywood on all windows overlooking venues or a ban on all guns will prevent the next shooting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess the hardest thing for me to understand whenever we have one of these Gun Rights discussions is the idea that any man would willingly and knowingly negotiate or give up his rights and freedoms. The very idea of giving up a little bit here or there is absolutely ignorant, irresponsible, and borne of cowardice and fear.

I say this because there is ample evidence that giving up on any of our Gun Rights only leads to the anti-gunners coming back for more and more. When dealing with people like that, RIGIDITY is the only logical path. To read the posts by you Brittany Man, one would think that the only thing they're (the Anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats) really coming after is the bump stocks that neither you or I own. Nothing could be further from the truth. As noted, bump stocks could be regulated by the ATF without any legislation. Blaming Republicans and gun owners for that is just grandstanding. Perhaps the biggest prize they want once again is their so-called Universal Background Checks... even though this shooter sailed through literally dozens of them. This is because Universal Background Checks are nothing more than the National Gun Registry that will make confiscation of entire classes of arms much easier.

And yes, they are calling for absolute bans on large cap mags and semi-automatics too. That may seem reasonable to you too Brittany Man... until they come back later for handguns, pumps, and then your precious doubles. I know you think it won't ever happen, but in many circles, they are already openly calling for repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Perhaps you think that a few concessions now will keep them at bay at least for your lifetime. That is just so selfish and cowardly, knowing that you are helping them on the path to take it all away from generations to come.

That behavior is understandable coming from Ed. Everyone knows Ed is a low I.Q. anti-gun idiot. What's your excuse?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Who needs an anti gunner when friends of sporting guns are so eager to help. What's always interesting to me, is that the sentiments rise and fall based on the anti's schedule and agenda. During slow 'news' cycles, apathy. How can you tell if a conviction is being turned on and off based on the direction of the wind, or if it really wasn't there in the first place?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I loose no sleep worrying about additional gun controls. Of the 300,000,000+, (300million), guns in the US 40% at a minimum are in possession to someone other than their original regerstered purchaser. Private sales don't get reported so the trail ends with the first private sale until it goes through a FFL dealer at a later date. So let's call it 120 million guns with zero accurately recorded paper trail. If they passed total gun confiscation those guns will never all be collected. On top of that there are still a decent number of guns never on a FFL form because they were sold before 1968.

Then there are the number of gun owners who will refuse any attempt to have their guns confiscated by the government. Call them one to two million. How are you going to jail that many people? You can't. Worse if you started you would find those left would become almost impossible to deal with.

The only thing this entire mess will do is stir up those people who already refuse to accept facts. Guns are out there, you can't get them all and to try to do it any way is not going to work. What it will do is allow both parties to raise, spend and waste an enormous amount of money. Face facts. We can't stop illegal immigrantion, can't stop illegal drugs and they can't stop people from owning guns. Just not going to happen, ever. What I do worry about are th backdoor controls like ammo taxes or limits on the number of rounds of ammo allowed in a personal home. Guns without ammo are just fancy tomato stakes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I guess the hardest thing for me to understand whenever we have one of these Gun Rights discussions is the idea that any man would willingly and knowingly negotiate or give up his rights and freedoms. The very idea of giving up a little bit here or there is absolutely ignorant, irresponsible, and borne of cowardice and fear.

I say this because there is ample evidence that giving up on any of our Gun Rights only leads to the anti-gunners coming back for more and more. When dealing with people like that, RIGIDITY is the only logical path. To read the posts by you Brittany Man, one would think that the only thing they're (the Anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats) really coming after is the bump stocks that neither you or I own. Nothing could be further from the truth. As noted, bump stocks could be regulated by the ATF without any legislation. Blaming Republicans and gun owners for that is just grandstanding. Perhaps the biggest prize they want once again is their so-called Universal Background Checks... even though this shooter sailed through literally dozens of them. This is because Universal Background Checks are nothing more than the National Gun Registry that will make confiscation of entire classes of arms much easier.

And yes, they are calling for absolute bans on large cap mags and semi-automatics too. That may seem reasonable to you too Brittany Man... until they come back later for handguns, pumps, and then your precious doubles. I know you think it won't ever happen, but in many circles, they are already openly calling for repeal of the 2nd Amendment. Perhaps you think that a few concessions now will keep them at bay at least for your lifetime. That is just so selfish and cowardly, knowing that you are helping them on the path to take it all away from generations to come.

What else did they 'want' in '34?
Pistols and revolvers. They will never stop.

Quote:
After the initial hearing on H.R. 9066, a modified version of the NFA was proposed in June of 1934, H.B. 9741. This is the bill that was ultimately passed and enacted as the National Firearms Act. Representative Robert Lee Doughton, a Democrat from North Carolina, introduced this bill. It passed the House and Senate and was signed into law by President Roosevelt all in the same month. It was, as suggested in the final hearing by Rep. Doughton, a law that was supposed to no longer put the citizenry at the “mercy of the gangsters, racketeers, and professional criminals.”

The initial NFA bill, H.R. 9066, defined “firearm” as “a pistol, revolver, shotgun having a barrel less than 16 inches in length, or any other firearm capable of being concealed on the person, a muffler or silencer therefor, or a machine gun.”

Clearly, H.R. 9066’s focus on pistols and revolvers was nothing new to Congress. But to date, the prior bills had failed. The NRA and other opponents to the bill ultimately relented by accepting the tax on and registration of firearms, if pistols and revolvers were removed from the bill’s mandates. The compromised, restrictive NFA that gun owners live with today does very little, if anything, to deter crime, fails miserably as a revenue raiser, and costs Americans millions of dollars annually to implement.

http://www.recoilweb.com/origins-of-the-nfa-128767.html

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon, don't be too sure of your conjecture. The antis play the long game and time is on their side. Every inch you give up brings them closer to their goal. And it's damn hard to gain back something you gave up, once you realize your mistake.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Exactly James! Here's what the "Long Game" looks like in Australia.

People might not comply with the law, but they will become instant criminals if they don't, and they sure as hell won't be able to use and enjoy what gets banned. As Utah Shotgunner points out, the attempts by the Democrats to go much further in the name of public safety goes back over 80 years, and has only gotten worse despite the fact that the things they actually did get passed didn't accomplish anything except to make firearms ownership more difficult and more expensive for law abiding citizens. Under the most optimistic scenario, even a total ban on firearms with 100% compliance would only make mentally ill homicidal maniacs turn to other weapons such as Tractor Trailers, bombs, gasoline, poisons, chemicals, crop dusters with biologicals, propane tanks, etc.

A vote or support for almost all Liberal Left Democrats is nothing more than support for anti-2nd Amendment legislation. In the midst of the so-called "Big Tent" of gun owners is a rotten minority core that is like a deadly cancer that is helping the anti-gunners to achieve their ultimate goal.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

it is not about making America safer. It is the Marxist/Democrat goal of all-powerful government unimpeded by the public and the God given rights listed in the U.S. Constitution. I have absolutely no respect for any current Democrat (there no longer being any conservative Democrats). I don't want to see them or listen to them or be around them. I never want one as a friend. I consider them un-American, Godless heathens. I consider them proponents of unnatural acts and the harbingers of filth and cultural and societal failure.

I think that about covers it.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.