April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, dukxdog, Roundsworth, KY Jon, 2 invisible), 362 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,799
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 81 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 80 81
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll bet not only my house but my neighbor's house that your rifle and your shot were dead on but you just picked up the wrong deer in your scope.

That can easily happen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How was his shot "dead on" when he hit the little buck in the rear end?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I went back to read it again, I see that now.

The rifle is probably a little off from the off season but I'll bet dollars to donuts when he went from his eyes to his scope he picked up the wrong deer. Or someone really gave that scope a smack to knock it off.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My Leupold is a variable, but I had it set on 4x. I could see both bucks in my sight picture and they weren't lined up...Geo

On the way to the range.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Scope was way off. Lesson here is sight in every Fall no matter what you have else to do!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Our host Steven's bird finding machine Charlie.

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Remind me to tell you a story about my scope mess buck miss

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
Mike- The picture showing a walk in the woods with a friend are just beautiful.
You and I hunted together in NE for Prairie Chickens many years ago when your passion was first indulged.
Glad to see you are still out there and going after it.
Time waits for no man.

Your reference to prairie chickens (which I chased with Steve Voss in SE Nebraska for a number of years) threw me off- there were a few others that occasionally joined us, but I couldn't place you. Mr Voss clarified that it was the Sandhills for sharpies, and I knew instantly of whom he spoke: Greg with the GSP not afraid of porcupines! You made the best coffee on the planet, and had an amazing upland bird chasing rig and a fascinating employment situation. I really enjoyed your recounting of a serious conversation you had with your daughter, and have often wondered over the years what happened to you. Glad to see/hear you are well.

Mike McDaniel
Flower Mound, TX

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Mike, Cocoa's "I ain't touching that mistake you just shot" reaction to the woodcock isn't uncommon among bird dogs used to quail. James, Scout appears to have a bird pinned down in the photo. Who missed that bird? wink Gil

Gil, going back over this topic I noticed your unanswered question, and found the picture I think you reference. If it is the one showing James and the two dogs on a two track, I'm afraid the answer is rather ignoble: I believe this is the start of the hunt for the day, and as dogs do at the time, Scout is finishing processing the dog food from the day before.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: wingshooter16
[quote=GLS] I'm afraid the answer is rather ignoble: I believe this is the start of the hunt for the day, and as dogs do at the time, Scout is finishing processing the dog food from the day before.

As we say in S. Ga.: "a kennel point." wink Gil

Page 17 of 81 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.