April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (ClapperZapper, SKB, Jimmy W), 414 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,470
Posts545,148
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan:

You are correct, I stand corrected, it was not Tmair.

Many of you on this site have purchased from me and you know how you were treated.

Stan and the others who say they will not do business with me in the future because of my comments and because I have express some of my feelings, ok. I understand, I think I have not had your business in the last 44 years either.

You guys are welcome to continue this thread

Enough said on my part.

John

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

A gentlemanly way to end it, John. No hard feelings on my part. Never was.

I wish the best for you and your business.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You guys are all wet about the burden of merchant credit card fees. Many online sellers and gunshow dealers now are adding 3% to the price for credit card purchases. One, I know that's too high, and two, I'll walk away from the purchase on account of it.

The whole point of credit cards is to make purchasing your wares more convenient. I won't pay you for the convenience because it is what enables you to make the sale.

I even stopped at a rip-mart convenience store/gas station the other day picked up a coke and a package of peanuts. I handed the clerk a visa card and he told me there was a dollar upcharge for the credit card. I walked back to the rack and put up the peanuts and on to the cooler and put up the coke...Geo

I guess this is as close as I get to a rant.

Two weeks ago I put a cadillac on my american express because I wanted the frequent flyer miles.

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 11/21/17 12:09 PM. Reason: added final sentence
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
You guys are all wet about the burden of merchant credit card fees. Many online sellers and gunshow dealers now are adding 3% to the price for credit card purchases. One, I know that's too high, and two, I'll walk away from the purchase on account of it.

The whole point of credit cards is to make purchasing your wares more convenient. I won't pay you for the convenience because it is what enables you to make the sale . . .

What you say is true if something is being sold at or near the marked price. It's a different story when a guy hammers you on the price and then whips out a credit card. I learned long ago to ask about form of payment when considering an offer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Two weeks ago I put a cadillac on my american express because I wanted the frequent flyer miles.

I wish I could do this. I have tried, but never been able to. Albeit was an F150, not a caddy

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bladeswitcher

The whole point of credit cards is to make purchasing your wares more convenient. I won't pay you for the convenience because it is what enables you to make the sale . . .

What you say is true if something is being sold at or near the marked price. It's a different story when a guy hammers you on the price and then whips out a credit card. I learned long ago to ask about form of payment when considering an offer.

Bladeswitcher that is where you and I disagree. When I negotiate a lower price than what you ask, it is because I won't pay your asking price. If we agree on a price, my position is that how I pay for it is a different question and is my sole choice...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD

I wish I could do this. I have tried, but never been able to. Albeit was an F150, not a caddy

Brent, the caddy was wife's anniversary present and replaced her 16 year old Acura. We don't buy new cars often. However, I have also done the skymiles thing on other large purchases and for the same reason...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bladeswitcher that is where you and I disagree. When I negotiate a lower price than what you ask, it is because I won't pay your asking price. If we agree on a price, my position is that how I pay for it is a different question and is my sole choice...Geo

And I factor in method of payment when considering a price offer. A deal happens when both parties are satisfied with the terms. It's really not complicated.

If I have something priced for $1,100 and you propose paying $1,000 I may ask how you're paying. If you say cash I know that I'm going to receive $1,000. But if you say you're going to use your credit card I know I'm actually only getting $970. If I don't want to accept a further $30 cut I politely decline your offer and we go our ways. Again, it's not complicated.

Now, if you're willing to pay my $1,100 price I would be foolish to object to credit card payment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Of course, if you ask how I'll pay, I'll tell you, but either way I presume you are compensating yourself for your overhead or you would not agree to the negotiated price. I told the dealer at the cadillac place up front how I was paying and why. It was a cash deal either way in my mind because I'll pay the cc as soon as I get the bill. I just wanted the skymiles. Skymiles or convenience, either way that's why you are making the sale, and I still won't pay extra for it...Geo

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Most online vendors state up front whether or not credit card purchases are acceptable and under what terms. I wouldn't accept a blindsided up charge when not mentioned in the ad. Credit card purchases also offer a degree of protection to the buyer not available otherwise. Gil

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.