May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (MattH, CJF, playing hooky, jake van dyke, 2 invisible), 701 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,594
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the $10k to $15K range, I would at least take a hard look at a Perazzi 12 ga MX-8 or MX-12 game gun. You can spec it almost any way you like; with stock configurations, straight grip, prince of wales grip, or normal pistol grip, various forend shapes, custom stock dimensions, barrel lengths, fixed chokes, or choke tubes, drop-out or fixed trigger, etc.

Current Perazzi factory 12 ga choke tube barrels are factory OK'ed for steel shot.

Weight for a 12 ga Perazzi game gun with 28 to 30 inch barrels should be between 7 1/2 and 8 lb.

Last edited by vangulil; 11/24/17 09:43 PM. Reason: typo
gwsmith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the thoughts so far guys.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A Blaser F16 in the game gun configuration will weigh about 7 lbs. 3 oz. with 28s. With 30s it won't be but a few oz. more. This gun is way under your price cap, but is a fine handling gun, with a fine trigger. Proven.

I'm a big Perazzi fan, so I looked at the MX8 ribless Game Gun mentioned above. It lists at $17k, but you should be able to buy one for less. If you really don't mind spending the money for one, I cannot imagine you would be disappointed in any way. You will be getting a gun without a top rib, however. Some may not take to that easily.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Kreighoff Parcours or a Perazzi as previously suggested. Either would meet your requirements in style and quality.

nid-28
Sidelock
Sidelock

Of course Perazzi will build anything the client wants. A different rib would be most unlikely to be problematic. Perazzis are about all I have and as a consequence I suppose that I'm a fanboy in that regard. BUT I still doubt that any one gun is gonna do what all GW is looking for. Again, JMO but your expectations seem somewhat unrealistic.

I have no knowledge of the Blaser having seen only one. It didn't make me feel like I needed one.

Kreighooofs are simply too ugly to own.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Take a very hard look at the CSMC A-10 American.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane

Funny, I feel the same way about Perazzi’s.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil

Clearly, you are aesthetically challenged to an unfortunate degree. I've come to the belief that some people are simply devoid of any sense of form, just like being right or left handed.
You have my sympathies.

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil

Clearly, you are aesthetically challenged to an unfortunate degree. I've come to the belief that some people are simply devoid of any sense of form, just like being right or left handed.
You have my sympathies.

The Perazzi folks have an unfair advantage in that the bolting of that gun is based on early English design. Purdey, Woodward I don't remember which while the Krieghoff is based off Remington 32 which copied a French design. Despite the fact that US fought at least two wars against the "Red Coats" and w/o help of French creating USA may not have been possible for some reason French sporting guns aren't held to the same standard as say the British. frown

Sidelock
Sidelock

From the use you describe I think I'd be looking for a gun that would ultimately be a throw-away. Expecting a quality gun to do all of that would be optimistic as most quality guns are specialty guns to some extent. For the $ you mention you could get three or four 600 series Berettas of different conformations and not have to compromise any of your intents.
JMO but your expectations seem somewhat unrealistic.

Yea, but....

I'm guessing the OP has no illusions about shooting for Olympic gold with his duck gun. The limits on waterfowl are such that he can shoot a few mallards or geese with the gun he uses to kill an afternoon at his local clays range.
The bigger problem I see is we know precious little about him, actually. Medium sized guy? Short, fat guy? Tall, rawboned guy? Younger than 30, or, older? Able to look at an adjustable stock without vomiting a little in his mouth? Do you shoot 1K rounds a month, or 50? Hey, I enjoy a beer drinking league that has a trap shooting problem as much as the next guy.
Some of this has to be nailed down, before anyone can recommend anything at that price range.
Lots of guns that would serve well, for much less than he is looking to spend, would be my first thought.
And, I'll let it go at that.

Best,
Ted

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.