May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (lagopus, dogon, fullandfuller, FelixD, Lloyd3, 1 invisible), 721 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,541
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a Sufi poem "Mantiq a Tayr".In the Quaran, Solomon knows this poem!.In the poem, a little bird has flown South along the red sea, and seen a Queen as beautiful as the morning star and bedecked with precious jewels! This Queen of Sheba lifts her skirts to walk on Solomons glass floor, believing it to be water. In doing so her legs are revealed as those of those of a wild ass, hairy and ugly. And So, betrays her identity as a Desert Demon....And so my children, She was NOT the queen of Sheba and this 5000 pile of parts, aint a FOX, Aint a Fox, Aint a Fox, Aint a Fox...NO, Aint a Fox

Sidelock
Sidelock

I actually agree with you here LD. A rebranded gun with the Fox name and completely different mechanism ain't a Fox.

Now, hopefully you understand why guys who support and defend anti-gun politicians shouldn't ever be considered to be pro-gun guys. People who pretend to be pro-gun while supporting those who would take away our Constitutional Rights are just as deceptive and ugly as that beautiful Queen with the hairy demon's legs of a wild ass.

Thanks for the wonderful illustration!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

So is this an SKB identifying as a Fox or an RBL identifying as a Fox? What would the DNA test reveal? There seems to be a lot of that kind of confusion going around these days. I’d still like one with 32” barrels and DTs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Ted maybe I'm not thinking clearly yet this morning, but the only way I can think of to close the gun without it being cocked is to shoot both barrels and then take it apart with the shells in the barrel, and then put it back together and close it...Geo

Or maybe have the forend fall off.

There is that way, for sure, Geo, but there are guys that put the gun in a fitted case, barrels off, and use their little piece of horn to snap the locks, with disaster resulting, in the case of these guns, when it is reassembled. Also, someone who doesn't know better who decides to check the triggers pulls to see if they are nice and light and crisp with the barrels removed, figuring it is super safe that way.

The desire to produce idiot proof devices never truly reckons with the ingenuity of idiots.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
IT AINT A FOX!

A "True" Fox is whatever gun the owner of the brand says it is. You may not like that, but that's the deal.

There is a big difference between a 'vette and a Vega but they are both Chevys.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

C'mon James... When Coca-Cola came out with the New Coke, everyone knew it wasn't Coke. Even Coca-Cola eventually realized that, but they really hurt their own business trying to fool us.

And we all know that a Lefever Nitro Special ain't really a Lefever, even if it is a solid and serviceable shotgun.

By the way, I've got this Rolex I bought on a street corner in NYC. It says Rolex, so it must be the real deal. I paid $29.00 for it, and it only loses 7 minutes a day. I'll let you have it for $15.00, and you pay the $10.00 to Dave! smile

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I did not know about the Greener FP problem Ted brought up. I have a couple of them, so I'll file that tidbit away and maybe not tear up my guns. Thanks Ted...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is a Chevy still a Chevy now with all the foreign made parts? Is a Jeep Renegade made in Torino a Jeep? Is a Toyota built in Kentucky a Japanese car? Is a Mercedes built in Tuscaloosa a German car? Is a Maytag built by Whirlpool a "Maytag?" Conundrums.

Last edited by Argo44; 11/26/17 02:28 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Raiders/Broncos game is cancelled and will be decided by a coin toss..because ? Who cares???

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
C'mon James... When Coca-Cola came out with the New Coke, everyone knew it wasn't Coke. Even Coca-Cola eventually realized that, but they really hurt their own business trying to fool us.

And we all know that a Lefever Nitro Special ain't really a Lefever, even if it is a solid and serviceable shotgun.

By the way, I've got this Rolex I bought in on a street corner in NYC. It says Rolex, so it must be the real deal. I paid $29.00 for it, and it only loses 7 minutes a day. I'll let you have it for $15.00, and you pay the $10.00 to Dave! smile

I'll take the watch Keith, but only if you pay Dave. laugh

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.