March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Researcher, Ian Forrester, Jimmy W, damascus, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 660 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,025
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

could there be a market for a savage fox similar to this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/719872819

offer it with longer barrels, choke tubes and a single trigger...

have it made in turkey and call it the model c...

Last edited by ed good; 11/29/17 06:19 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Q: Does Galazan claim his products are 100% 'Made in USA'?

If so, is he using a literal interpretation of 'made'?

My Toyota truck wears a door sticker that says 'Assembled by Toyota Motors - Texas'. On the same sticker it says 'Made in USA'.

I know for a fact that the engine was built in Indonesia (by Toyota at a very modern facility) and the transmission was made in Japan (by Aisin, Toyota makes no transmissions to my knowledge).

The tires I can trace to Tonawanda, NY. The rest of the parts could have been made virtually anyplace in the world.

There is no way for the the consumer to tell.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Big seller with a Tenite stock!Call it a FAUX

Sidelock
Sidelock

+2 we should support our manufactures trying to put sxs back into the American made market.
My last outing at the pheasant farm was nothing but auto loaders and pumps. I ran backup and dog handler and carried to field a sxs. Sadly not an American icon sxs but a very nice AYA.
In my youth the if we could turn back time 30 years the field of 5 hunters would all have been sxs!

Last edited by 28 gauge shooter; 11/29/17 08:28 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's interesting. In GA, 30 yrs. ago, they would have still been all pumps and semi-s. Even 50 yrs. ago, here, I would have had the only S x S on a dove field, out of maybe 30 guns. Truth is, I don't know how far I'd have to go back to find that the S x S was the predominant action type. 100 yrs. ............ maybe?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

PHEW ! !

I never thought my OP would leave us knee deep in BS.

Some folks here would drown if it starts raining, because their noses are so far up in the air.

FWIW, I've owned an original 20ga A.H.Fox A-Grade in 99% original condition w/26" IC/Mod barrels.

No, nothing is an Ansley H. Fox double except another A.H.Fox double.

The older Savage Fox was not an Ansley H. Fox double, either - but as limited as the options were, Savage sold an awful lot of them over the years.

I've owned a few of those too, in every gauge offering.

This newer Fox is what it is - a new American-made non-economy-grade double, with apparent decent workmanship, fit, and finish.

My take is: Love it or leave it - this is America, you pay your money (or not) & take your choice.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, on a recent dove hunt, Mike T. shot his Citori 28; Billy, his granddad's and dad's Midas Browning O/U 20; Dexter, his Galazan Fox 16; Rick, a graded Parker 12 restored by DelGrego; Mike M's son, a Caesar Guerini 28; Mike S., another CG, (but often shoots an M21 16, DT's, splinter forend), Inman, a Beretta SP1 in 20, and I, a Higham 16 sxs. Another man left the field early after reeling off a limit with only a couple of missed birds. He was shooting a 20 O/U which I never saw. Bill B. missed the shoot and he's a Citori 20 shooter. The rest of the crew shot an assortment of pumps and autos, and they shot them very well. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

You run in a higher brow crowd than do I, Gil. cool I can only wish I was surrounded by more nice doubles, but ................ I'm the dinosaur in my "home 20".

SRH

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, the above field's owner, Burke, shoots a custom fit Beretta Jubilee 20 at quail, but shoots a gas auto at dove. When dove shooting last year over where Floyd lives, Howard shot one of his Purdeys and Mills one of his Parkers. Floyd and I may hunt dove occasionally with the higher brow crowd, but we are pulling up the rear with our lesser delights times 2. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

When I was a kid growing up here, and shooting doves all the time, our neighboring land owner was a rich businessman form Augusta, and good family friend. He would have big dove shoots, replete with lunch, and bird boys for every shooter (except me). He would put me in the middle of the sunflower field with instructions to "keep 'em flying, boy". If you didn't shoot an A5 you just "hadn't arrived". I shot an old plain barreled Rem. 11 in 20 ga. with a IC choke, and I would be high man on the field most of the time. Cannot recall ever seeing a doublegun. Strange.

SRH

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.