April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (susjwp, SKB, Lloyd3, Argo44), 1,083 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,435
Posts544,698
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

One purchase I'm pondering is a Charles Daly Diamond grade 10 gauge. Who has experience with them and what are your thoughts in general on them? Hunting experience with them is also welcome. Thanks!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm interested in the Prussian guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you looking at a hammer or hammerless Daly 10? One key item to keep in mind is that Schoverling, Daly, and Gales sold their guns by model number. Depending when your gun was made, "diamond quality" could indicate one of up to six separate models. There are significant differences between between a Daly "diamond quality' model 225 and a Daly "diamond quality" model 375 for example. There was a big difference in price when it was sold and there is a big difference now.

If you provide a serial number of the gun you are lookingn at ("X"ing out the last digit is fine) and details on the engraving (photos would be best), we should be able to get within a year or two on the production date as well as info on the specific model you are looking at.

In terms of hunting, I use with my vintage Dalys 10s regularly to shoot duck and goose with good success. My Dalys 10's all have 2.875" chambers so I shoot RST loads.

If you are interested in Prussian Dalys, I'd recommend the Prussian Daly Almanac available on the German Gun Collector website.

Good luck.

Last edited by Ken Georgi; 12/04/17 04:28 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you'll find that the Prussian Diamond grades are all of outstanding quality whether they were made by Lindner or another of the Suhl craftsmen. The workmanship on both the outside and inside have never been surpassed by anyone! The Lindner made guns are the most sought after and are usually identified by the maker's touchmark on the barrels immediately in front of the underlug. It will be two crossed pistols below either a crown or the letters HAL. These guns always bring a premium. IMO no top London gun ever made was superior in craftsmanship to the top Daly's.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian, I have some experience with Lindner Dalys. I've owned three, restocked three, have another to do, and have handled maybe ten more. They are, IMO, some of the finest box lock shotguns ever produced. The metal work fit and finish are top flight. I will post a picture of the internal finish of one that I owned that was not a Diamond grade just for reference.

It's becoming hard to find a Lindner Daly that has not been molested in some way i.e. restocked poorly, sleeved poorly and then horror of horrors had the rib engraving done BACKWARDS - really? I could add to this list but why!

If you find a good one buy it!

Last edited by Doug Mann; 12/04/17 05:01 PM.

Doug Mann
RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought one from Doug. It dropped the jaw of everyone who held her and solicited a desire to buy her from everyone who shot her.

Between Lindner's work and Doug's, she is a thing of beauty.

Maybe Doug could post a photo of her for you. I can't from this tablet.

Ah! I figured out how to put a photo up.

I don't have a good shot of Doug's stock work. Doug help!

Last edited by RCC; 12/04/17 05:43 PM. Reason: posting a photo

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought one a short while ago. 12 Gauge hammerless from between 1900 and 1905. Had a few issues so it is having some careful restoration and repair work done by a member here, CJO. Can't wait to shoot it.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Bob, This is the best I have thanks to Photoshop (jerks)!

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

That "Turc Extra" extra-fine etched 4 Iron Turkish "Star" pattern damascus may be my all-time favorite, and I would STILL VERY much like a full size high resolution image for the Lindner Daly Damascus album on the website
https://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20948056
revdoc2@cox.net

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.