May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jimmy W, cpa, 1 invisible), 881 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,487
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I work part-time with components of the millenial-generation and this sort of stuff gets bandied about with considerable frequency. I assume they're getting this as part of their collage experience? It's all jaw-dropping for me.

Here's some more of the silliness:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-04...-professor-says

Last edited by Lloyd3; 12/04/17 09:29 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I went to school they made every effort to confront students to get them to expand their viewpoints, confront what they think and expose them to other thoughts and conflicting views. Now we have colleges who coddle student and protect them from those same things. Safe zones where nothing can be said or done to make them feel unsafe. So being willing to go out into the outdoors is considered racist, so does being willing to live in a big city also mean they are racist as well?

Now Brown University has finished this insanity for us. From this point forwards students will be allowed and encouraged to self identify as any race or ethnic group they decide to assign to themselves. Can't wait until some real black person has to accept and get along with some Asian or Caucasian person who self identifies as Black. Just hope it is also a self identified gender person as well. Might as well touch as many special boxes as possible. Wonder how financial aid will deal with all those self identified minorities all of sudden? Nothing compares to a Liberal Arts College for insanity of PC correctness.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
When I went to school they made every effort to confront students to get them to expand their viewpoints, confront what they think and expose them to other thoughts and conflicting views. Now we have colleges who coddle student and protect them from those same things. Safe zones where nothing can be said or done to make them feel unsafe. So being willing to go out into the outdoors is considered racist, so does being willing to live in a big city also mean they are racist as well?

Now Brown University has finished this insanity for us. From this point forwards students will be allowed and encouraged to self identify as any race or ethnic group they decide to assign to themselves. Can't wait until some real black person has to accept and get along with some Asian or Caucasian person who self identifies as Black. Just hope it is also a self identified gender person as well. Might as well touch as many special boxes as possible. Wonder how financial aid will deal with all those self identified minorities all of sudden? Nothing compares to a Liberal Arts College for insanity of PC correctness.

Well said. SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

From what I have gathered at work, I am clearly a cis-hetero, white-privileged, hegemonic (oops, forgot "meat-eating") male and furthermore....me and my ilk are to blame for most (if not all) of the world's problems, such as global-warming (sorry, I meant "climate change"), sexual-predation, economic inequality, and, of-course... racism. Oh, and BTW, Donald Trump is also the devil incarnate. How did I get so "out of touch"?

Last edited by Lloyd3; 12/04/17 09:43 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
How did I get so "out of touch"?

You are "out of touch" because you are sane.

Insanity rules the world, especially the world of academia.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
When I went to school they made every effort to confront students to get them to expand their viewpoints, confront what they think and expose them to other thoughts and conflicting views. Now we have colleges who coddle student and protect them from those same things. Safe zones where nothing can be said or done to make them feel unsafe....

....Wonder how financial aid will deal with all those self identified minorities all of sudden? Nothing compares to a Liberal Arts College for insanity of PC correctness.

A good part of the progressive college strategy is intimidation. There are repercussions for those who don't fall in line. I hammered in my kids heads, the goal of college was only to get the transcripts and degree, not to learn. Just regurg what the tiny mind wants, and leave 'em in your rearview mirror.

Financial aid? I think they already have that figured out. It's not merit based, but based on the deadbeat parent's tax return. The kids that know the entitlement system by example, get the most money thrown their way to minister the agenda to the next generation.

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/11/19/...white-supremacy

Please forgive my bombthrowing here, but I have often thought about how fortunate I was to have access to good hunting & fishing as both a boy and then later as an adult. I don't see it as anything other than having different priorities than most urban folks, but this student clearly sees it another way.

When asked why I like guns and hunting. I respond by saying it was family tradition and I was used to being around firearms. I would say it would be more productive to take new to guns person hunting and shooting instead of automatically criticizing their views. The future of sport and firearm ownership depends on recruitment of new shooters and hunters.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How did I get so "out of touch"?

Good parents and brains enough to come out of the wet climate change.

College is a four letter word to me. I have put five kids through college, one a masters, one a Phd and two medical school. The amount of financial aid I or they got would not mail a package home. I knew that going in and planned accordingly but it does piss me off to see so much other money wasted on people too dumb to pour piss out of a boot. God help you if your MD or Dentist took five years to get through college, which is the new norm, and then five years to get through medical school. You can't cure stupid but if you go real slow you can get it through just about any school given enough time and more importantly money.

School has become so expensive you can not work and pay as you go so students don't have a skin in the game. It's free money they think. You are forced to borrow money and end up getting a five year degree in what is a four program. Heck they take 12 hours and consider it full time. In my day, 12 hours would not get you a student deferment and your ass would get drafted taking that light a load. My lightest term was 19 hours and the worst was 29 hours. I paid my own way back then. Never borrowed from anyone. Worked my butt off and other here did I am sure as well.

My son had friends in Medical school who entered there already 200K in debt and could not borrow more money from the government. They had to borrow from private places which start charging interest from day one. The will be lucky to owe less than 500K when they graduate. Then three years additional training, or more, before making "Doctor Money". When that hits the health industry your health care cost are going to skyrocket again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon 's recollection of what a college education was agrees with mine entirely.It is the classic notion of the liberal arts. I also can remember how vehemently it was opposed at the time by conservatives who felt it was subverting traditional values. Keith says liberalism is a mental illness, and what he understands liberalism to be is just that. I would just point out that Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh et al are hardly models of sanity and mental health. There is craziness on both sides of the divide and until we are willing to acknowledge it on our own side, whichever that may be, it will never be overcome.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
before making "Doctor Money"

And "doctor money" ain't what it used to be, except for certain specialties. If one is looking for a certain income level, there are better ways to get there.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.