March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hammergun, Stanton Hillis, SKB, 2 invisible), 287 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,979
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 81 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 80 81
Aussie
Unregistered
Aussie
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
Originally Posted By: BrentD
Originally Posted By: Aussie

...it is my favourite gun at the moment...

Gee, I can't imagine why. Sweet!

We can also find nice ones at fair price....

Yes Jagermeister I agree, the S2 Beretta's were fine guns and I think they are much underrated here in Australia. They are still to be found for sale, often in excellent condition. Most of them are lighter than other SO's with mine weighing 7lb 4oz and my friend's weighing 7lb 3oz. I was lucky to find mine fits me well too, the only thing I don't like about it is the sling swivel on the bottom barrel, but hey, I can live with that. Cheers

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ron Vella
I took this buck from my shooting house, a week ago today.The gun is a 12-bore double rifle that I built about 20 years ago. The load that it's regulated with is the Lightfield Hybred 1 1/4 ounce sabot slug. One shot through the lungs at 123 yards dropped him in his tracks. I have no way of weighing him but his live weight was certainly over 300 pounds.

Ron, did you build this gun off of an FN Anson?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sadly, no antlers on this old girl, but a beautiful rifle in a wonderful caliber.

Husqvarna 1649, made in 1959 and chambered in 9.3x62

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Opening day of woodcock season in Georgia. The birds arent in, but conditions for their arrival are optimum as our woods had a 4 rain over the last 72 hours softening the woods floor for ease of doodling for worms. One bird, one shot and it was Floyds No. 4 Deluxe AyA 28 ga. Both Abby and Willa, my Britt Com MuttPak, had it pinned down and I had to go into the thick damn near on my hands and knees to flush it for Floyd. I could see Willa with Abby backing but all I heard was it getting up and Floyds shot. A good friend will do that for you. wink Top gun is my recently acquired from Ted Darne R10 20.

While in the woods I spotted a small lions mane mushroom and showed it to Floyd. On the way out, Floyd spotted this one from 75 yards out as we drove out the woods. It weighed 3 lbs. and was the size of a cantaloupe. These are excellent on the table. At least I didn't go home empty handed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gil,
Good thing there wasn't a cottonmouth in that thicket. Might be hard to explain how your dogs are snake-proofed, but, you, not so much.
Hope the gun helps to bring many pleasant memories for you, and many woodcock for your daughter to rustle from the freezer.
I have already committed to that guns replacement, a bit higher grade, and have located a used bretelle Darne assembly, in the correct gauge for the gun, without having to leave the hamlet of Minneapolis, MN. There will be some other subtle changes made to the gun to suit my tastes, which, are different from the previous British Isles owner, but, exactly the things that would have been available from the French factory to a discriminating owner.

Stay tuned. It should be interesting.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

F,
I built that double rifle on a gun by Neumann Brothers, Liege.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Geez that's a big mushroom. Love the woodcock photo. I have yet to hunt for woodcock or grouse or prairie chicken.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This was from my fav hunt...Zimbabwe. I had this rifle built for daily carry in Alaska around the bears. It was a 50 Alaskan and I wrote an article that made the cover of Safari magazine. That's the recovered bullet from the brain shot and the bracelet my tracker made me from the hair. The meat fed a village for a month.

This isn't a gun but it is my fav hawk. I'm a falconer. She's a ferruginous and her wingspan is about 5 feet wide. She absolutely crushes big jack rabbits and the occasional goose.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Excellent Bryan!! Could you give us a little more detail on that rifle. Marlin?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes it was a stainless Marlin that we made into an 18" octagon in 50 Alaskan. I used Punch solid bullets under a stiff load for Africa. Bear loads used softs at a lesser velocity.

Page 32 of 81 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.