May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (Fudd), 473 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,462
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

The weight of the gun is not out of line with other Daly hammerless 10s. I have a two Daly hammmerless 10s, both with 30" tubes. The diamond quality gun is a tank at almost 11 lbs and the other is just a hair over 8 lbs.

JB hits the other items that are of concern like the stock work. As he notes, this is almost assuredly an extractor gun (no "steel eyes" on the forend) rather than an ejector gun.

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bryan_Pettet
That's good to know. Thanks. Could I see any photos of your Daly 12 gauge? Was this Diamond grade?

Here it is. it's a Diamond Quality model 275 ejector gun:

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bryan, The gun you referenced on Guns International, IMO, has an original butt stock and forend with the exception of the addition of the wood to the comb and the wood extension. The wood in both cases is well matched just old work. When I say the butt stock is original I base that on the checkering pattern along with the shape of the drop points which are very Linder like. The checkering diamonds on Lindner guns is also peculiar in that the diamonds re almost square vs elongated diamond that we see now, there is also a slight curve to the lines instead of straight.

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

Until recently this was my Lindner Daly 16 gauge Diamond grade. Absolutely wonderful gun.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe:

I don't know why you gave up custody of that Lindner Daly 16 gauge, but I would have a hard time contemplating that you replaced it with something nicer. It's a stunning gun.

Rem

Sidelock
Sidelock

Joe, what possessed you to rid yourself of that gun? I have only sold one Lindner, the Doug Mann restoration.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doug Mann
Bryan, The gun you referenced on Guns International, IMO, has an original butt stock and forend with the exception of the addition of the wood to the comb and the wood extension. The wood in both cases is well matched just old work. When I say the butt stock is original I base that on the checkering pattern along with the shape of the drop points which are very Linder like. The checkering diamonds on Lindner guns is also peculiar in that the diamonds re almost square vs elongated diamond that we see now, there is also a slight curve to the lines instead of straight.

Thanks for the reply and good info. Lots to learn about these guns.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Wow, that's a beautiful 16 gauge. Every nice example I see just confirms that I would like to have one...just one right?

There seems to be a reluctance to comment on pricing and values of these guns. If that's better done offline, could someone give me some value guidelines through a PM? I think the Artemis gun is priced high. The auction link I cited from 2 years ago was 4k and that looked like a nicer gun than this one. What is the approximate price range of a 10 gauge Prussian Daly diamond gun?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Canvasback for the photos. That's another nice one. I have yet to see an original diamond grade that I don't like!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not trying to nitpick, but the term "diamond grade" is not correct. The reason that is important is that various models sold under the "diamond quality" banner differed significantly in price. Canvasback's diamond quality model 275 above, while really gorgeous, would sell (then and today) for less money than a similar condition Daly diamond quality model 375 for example. My point is, all other things being equal, I'd expect the model 375 to sell for 25% - 75% more than the model 375, even though they are both a "diamond quality" guns and marked as such on the ribs.

In terms of what can I expect to pay for a Lindner Prussian Daly diamond quality shotgun, I think your best resource is the result libraries of auction companies like James Julia and Rock Island. The libraries of past auction results are free to browse once you register. Like the rest of the vintage shotgun economic landscape, you'll see that the prices of the Daly guns vary tremendously due to things condition, gauge, dimensions, features, etc.

Due to that variability, it is difficult to put a price on what you can expect to pay. It depends on a lot of variables.
FWIW, I bought a restocked Lindner Daly diamond quality hammerless 10 for $1800 (about 10 years ago) and lost out on another (in much, much nicer condition) that went for over $8000.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.