May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, ClapperZapper, SKB, battle, 2 invisible), 530 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,429
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I posted a thread four years ago about the Return of the Prodigal Gun, a 10 ga. Ithaca NID 3.5" Magnum, that I got back decades later after regretting selling it decades earlier.
http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=359151&page=1
In the same thread, redgrouse recounted the story of selling his Damascus barreled round action Dickson, regretting the loss of it, and later re-buying it 30 years later. If you have the Photobucket Fix, you can see his and mine at the above thread.
Gil

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Easy one for me. Second Generation Fox BE in 20 gauge in really nice condition. I spotted it on an auction site about 5 years ago and it had 26" barrels and I was concerned they might be cut (I had been bit before on a cut barrel gun). Ordered a factory card on the gun and that took 24 hours. I could have had it for less then half of what it was worth as it sold while I was waiting for the card and was removed from the site. I'd of course called on the gun when I first saw it, but the seller had no way of measuring chokes or sending me any pictures. etc etc.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

1) An Arrizabalaga 12ga made for J.Roberts, copy of Churchill Priemere XXV. A dealer at a local gun show who sold pistols was selling for a friend. $1600. Near mint gun, self opener, etc. I hesitated and went home and tried to look through my copies of Gunlist to see what the gun went for used (never found an example). It was Sunday afternoon, never made it back to gun show.

2) A Winchester 16ga Model 21, Tournament Skeet, straight stock and slim beavertail forearm. I was never a Model 21 fan but that was a fine gun. An old guy had inherited it from his brother who live in S.Georgia, a quail gun I'm sure. It had some rust damage on one side in a couple of spots and I never called the guy back, but I should have. I was worried too much about what was wrong with the gun instead of all the things that were right.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There was only one I can think of. It was straight grip-stocked Caprinus stainless Steel game gun offered at Collectors Firearms of Texas about a decade ago. That is the only gun I truly wished I bought. I know what I was looking at and the price was laughable yet for some reason I can't think of today I passed on the gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A factory cased R15 Darne 20 gauge, 29" tubes, straight stock, choked modified and full. Bought it, unfired, from a preacher in Indiana. A friend of mine bought the preachers V19 20 gauge at the same time. Both guns were late James Wayne imports. Sold it after someone pointed out the bland wood, and simple engraving pattern. What I had forgotten is I had a tough time missing flying birds with the thing. I had a crackerjack Gordon that a Brit friend of mine referred to as the best meat dog he had ever seen, pointing and retrieving to hand. He used a Pointer and a Golden Retriever to accomplish the same thing. I killed pickup truck beds full of birds with that little gun, and shot clay games with it when I wasn't hunting.
I sold it to a gunshop who offered it back after they had paid to open up the chokes.
No deal, fellas. You guys dicked up one fine piece of wingshooting kit.
The gun is pictured in The Double Gun Journal article I wrote.
Been looking for it's replacement for a long time.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Parker AHE 16 Gauge in near mint condition for $1,500. Guy who owned it didnt understand what he had and my conscience wouldnt let me do it.

Zanicotti 12 Gauge SLE for $6,000. Couldnt find any info on the maker and passed.

Last edited by Remington40x; 12/11/17 01:52 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nicely engraved pristine Sedgley Springfield .22 Hornet walked up to me at the Albany Gun Show back in the late '80s. Could have been mine for $1k but I just had Model 70s on the brain....

Sidelock
Sidelock

A 20 ga. Browning Midas grade superlight for $4,000.00 from a motivated seller 17 years ago. Reason was I had just paid for my daughter's wedding and you guys know the rest!
Hence my insistance on having a ready to purchase gun fund in my safe.
Karl

Last edited by Karl Graebner; 12/10/17 06:43 PM.
Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

An old brown Fox Sterlingworth 20ga w/32" barrels from some defumct duck club in California with a dent in the barrel for $800.00

After that one, I had decided that I didn't want anymore Remington 1894's with short stocks, so I passed on an 1894 DE with a 12" stock and 3" of drop for $175.00

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mine was a Midas superlight, Bee engraved, 99% 20 guage. For Free, Yes Free! my conscious would not take it from the widow of a good hunting friend who stated before he passed to take it several times. I figured, his son would would appreciate it. Or at least I hope he did!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.