March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Southern Sport), 860 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 81 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 80 81
Sidelock
Sidelock

Snipehunter, thanks for that picture. I live in the same general area you hunt, and used to do the same thing.

In times of low water, we have a number of huntable snipe bogs around the natural lakes we have in the area. My favorite though, was always the flooded pasture land I'd come across while quail hunting.

Legs and balance have become unreliable now, so I don't do that anymore. But I love the memories and your picture brought them back...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another Belgium masterpiece of a game gun surfaces and no one knows who built the damn thing. Par for the course.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Snipehunter, thanks for that picture. I live in the same general area you hunt, and used to do the same thing.

In times of low water, we have a number of huntable snipe bogs around the natural lakes we have in the area. My favorite though, was always the flooded pasture land I'd come across while quail hunting.

Legs and balance have become unreliable now, so I don't do that anymore. But I love the memories and your picture brought them back...Geo
Teach me master!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Another Belgium masterpiece of a game gun surfaces and no one knows who built the damn thing. Par for the course.

Is there anything on the barrel flats or water table that might give an indication who built it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern

I not too far from you on the other side of the state line. I've hunted some pastures but usually down around Gainesville. It's tough sneaking up on them in grass no higher than in your yard.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Snipe Hunter

Is there anything on the barrel flats or water table that might give an indication who built it?

I'm talking about your gun you have pictured. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Picture from last weekend. My bird season is just reaching the halfway point.

So, how do those eat?

Any recipes? I have no idea what snipe (or woodcock) are like to eat. I'd like to hear about it. I pass up shots every year because I dont' carry the right loads or tags but I wonder if I am missing out.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm talking about your gun you have pictured. smile

That's what I was talking about. Are there no maker's marks among the other stampings that would indicate who the maker was on a guild gun?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD

So, how do those eat?

Any recipes? I have no idea what snipe (or woodcock) are like to eat. I'd like to hear about it. I pass up shots every year because I dont' carry the right loads or tags but I wonder if I am missing out.

They are closer to dove than anything else I have eaten. Milder than woodcock or duck. I have cooked them quite a few different ways but usually I wrap the breast in half a slice of thin bacon and cook on a hot griddle for 3 minutes on each side.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Probably not, but I'm thinking there possibly is some kind of mark inside the action.

However we may be approaching this all wrong. If we can get our hands on the retailer's accounting books of original entry there has to be an invoice and attached cancelled check made out to somebody.

The retailer paid somebody for that gun. That transaction has to be recorded someplace.

Page 38 of 81 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.