Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you've gotta ask how much they cost .................... grin

Just kidding, the 3/4 height hikers are $279. I don't see the taller ones at Orvis.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 12/29/17 05:56 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Danner Fort Lewis boot. worn them for 20 years in the service. Been through countless pairs of boots hunting birds. Been through Danner bird boot, kangaroo boots, Rocky light weight, Red wing,Lacrosse and to put it bluntly they all lasted about two seasons.
Knock on wood, I am on season 6 with my Ft Lewis boot and my prior pair lasted 11 years.
I am very hard on boots and I have a high arch which does not help my shoes or feet. Just my opinion.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe the bottom line is this, if you find that special boot that is comfortable and works for you, raid the milk money and stock up on them. Chances are they'll be discontinued.
It's happened to me regarding several items that I've found to be perfect for me.
Karl

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am beginning to think that maybe a $200 boot, if it can last 2 yrs, might be good enough as a "disposable" boot.

I'm looking for uninsulated or lightly insulated boots to replace the LLBeans that went back to Maine yesterday. But with the temps not making it into double figures unless there is a minus sign in front, I won't need these boots for a good long while.

I'll have to keep looking and also watching for a sale price this winter. I'm undecided what to do next, but I have gotten a few ideas from this thread.

Thanks to all.
Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Blair
I bought a pair of Russells several years ago. I got measured by the boss at the Vintagers. I spent quite a while with him deciding on exactly the configuration I wanted based on his recommendations. I paid for them and waited over a year punctuated by multiple phone calls and e-mails. When they finally came they didn't resemble what I had ordered and they didn't fit at all. They messed around two more times and a total of about two years sending me their best guess as to what I'd ordered and what would fit me. Finally they said they'd tried their best and couldn't fit me, no refund offered but I could keep the ill fitting ones I had at that point. The boots were two different sizes!! They were so uncomfortable as to be unwearable. I finally found a guy with different sized feet that they fit and gave them to him. So don't tell me about Russell boots. Poor product, poorer customer service. Never again!

My favorite boots remain my many years old LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoes in all but the warmest days in the field.

I've had more than a few dealing with Russel Moccasin over the years.

I've never let some bOzo at some sport show measure my feet I just buy an 11D and in insulated get an 11 & 1/2" D. I've had two experiences with the customer service at Russel and both times they offered and made me new boots free of charge...

So I suggest that if you didn't get treated right at Russel Moccasin its because of some internal flaw/fault you have.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hunted in Georgia years back and the guy I was hunting with had a pair of goofy looking rubber boots on....

I remarked where did you get those goofy looking rubber boots ? He replied they were Le Chameau boots and that if I ever wore a pair I'd never wear anything else turkey hunting...I asked what they cost then remarked that if I paid $500 for a pair of rubber boots I'd no doubt poke a hole in them the first time out.

https://www.lechameau.com/us/mens-chasseur-leather-boot.html?c=283

A short time after I got home a pair of Le Chameau Chasseur boots arrived in the mail...

That was close to 10 years ago. A couple years back the side zip pull broke off on one side so I took the other side zip pull off and just snap the top strap closure works as good as zipping them.

A few years back I bought a new back up pair they are sitting in a fancy LaChameau boot bag my hunting boot closet waiting on the old pair to leak.

Bottom line the guy in Georgia was right unless I'm hunting in steep terrain where a lace up boot is needed or too cold a weather for a non insulated boot I'm wearing my little Lord Thorn'arOy rubber boots...

Sidelock
Sidelock

500 dollar boots? Worth more than my truck. I just wear my Army boots. When they wear out I go to supply and get a new pair.

After the hunt all the fellers are throwing stuff in the back of the truck. Hey! Careful! I scream. Oh what do you care about this old piece of junk they say. I dont, but if you scuff my boots Im going to kick your arse!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: Bob Blair
I bought a pair of Russells several years ago. I got measured by the boss at the Vintagers. I spent quite a while with him deciding on exactly the configuration I wanted based on his recommendations. I paid for them and waited over a year punctuated by multiple phone calls and e-mails. When they finally came they didn't resemble what I had ordered and they didn't fit at all. They messed around two more times and a total of about two years sending me their best guess as to what I'd ordered and what would fit me. Finally they said they'd tried their best and couldn't fit me, no refund offered but I could keep the ill fitting ones I had at that point. The boots were two different sizes!! They were so uncomfortable as to be unwearable. I finally found a guy with different sized feet that they fit and gave them to him. So don't tell me about Russell boots. Poor product, poorer customer service. Never again!

My favorite boots remain my many years old LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoes in all but the warmest days in the field.

I've had more than a few dealing with Russel Moccasin over the years.

I've never let some bOzo at some sport show measure my feet I just buy an 11D and in insulated get an 11 & 1/2" D. I've had two experiences with the customer service at Russel and both times they offered and made me new boots free of charge...

So I suggest that if you didn't get treated right at Russel Moccasin its because of some internal flaw/fault you have.

Well, I have had a similar experience as Mr. Blair with Russell Moccasin. Only mistake I made was buying the boots in the first place. I bought a pair of the Bird Shooter Boots and they were the worst pair of boots I have ever bought - and follow up customer service with Russell was just as bad. Morning dew on 2 inch grass would flood those boots and the steel heel would peel the hide right off my heels in a matter of yards. It cost a small fortune just having the boots shipped back and forth to try to get something that would fit decently. I finally gave up and just gave the boots to a fellow and he wound up angry that I had given him such a dog of a boot.

I was shocked at the pi** poor customer service with something that cost so much.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I like my Danner High Ground boots but get a 1/2 size larger as they tend to run small.Bobby

Last edited by bbman3; 12/30/17 03:15 PM.
1cdog #499847 12/31/17 12:13 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Never knew so many people with internal faults/flaws owned guns....kinda scary.

When the dew is heavy I wear rubber boots...that being said I've made quick wades of stream and cricks with out the Russels giving way to moisture.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.