March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Hammergun, Dave K, buckstix, Der Ami, 2 invisible), 398 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,008
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 81 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 80 81
Sidelock
Sidelock

My favorite game picture from today.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I sure do miss those birds... Not much birding to be had up here these days. It looks like you guys are enjoying them fully, and kudos on some great wingshooting!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I need to come to the snipe lodge

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, well these will be the last pictures I post as our upland season ended today. It was an Okay season, the bird numbers were down quite a bit due to a hard winter and drought. Still, we managed to get a few anyway. This year was a far cry from last year as far as weather is concerned. We couldn't hunt the last month of the season last year due to some bad winter storms. This year was much better, a 180 from last.

Yesterday was cold and windy, didn't see many, but I was able to get one.

I used my 12ga Buhag Hubertius (sorry, don't know why the pic is the way it is, can't rotate it for some reason)

Today, the last day, was much better, nice day, not bad winds and the area we hunted produced. I was lucky enough to limit out, my son Jim didn't fair as well. So for me it was a great ending to the season!

I used my Siace 12ga 350G

And the best hunting partners a guy could have, my son Jim and my Raina Dog

I just want to thank the good Lord and St Hubert for another safe and successful year, it's been fun.

Thanks for all those great pictures here on this thread, keep them coming!

Best to all!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good to hear from you, Greg. Glad you are all safe and sound.

Thanks again for all your pics and posts, and for initiating a great idea for a thread years ago.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Good to hear from you, Greg. Glad you are all safe and sound.

Thanks again for all your pics and posts, and for initiating a great idea for a thread years ago.

SRH

Thanks so much for the kind words Stan! I just hope the good Lord will give me a few more years to get out and do what I love to do most.....bird hunting.

Thanks again!

Best, Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Floyd and Jeff on the edge of the rivercane waiting for Abbys and Willas bells to stop ringing. Cool for down here in the high 20s at 10 a.m. when we started.

We found a few birds. Snow and palmettos?? Not something we see around here usually. The only thing that might be just as rare are other woodcock hunters. The Ithaca SKB 20 of Floyds, my MF Ideal 302 16 ga., and Jeffs Uggie all have in common factory 25 (+/-) barrels. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, the middle pheasant has head marking different than the others. We see this in Canada with male pheasants with no neck rings.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gil I need you to come help me chase woodcock over here

Sidelock
Sidelock

A couple photos from my last two days in the field. It was cold on Saturday, and birds were in the grass and some very tight, but not a lot of roosters. Nice Opossum though.

Sunday it was warm and there were very very few birds in the grass - they must have been out among the dirt clods in the fields I guess. But we got one, with a really good team effort, and managed to get a picture of it.

I did 15 miles this weekend and got two birds, missed another while shooting from a willow thicket - the woodcock guys will sympathize...

I was glad to see this one. They struggle with the kinds of temperatures that we have been experiencing. But apparently cattail marshes make good habitat and we found more tracks in them. This one had come out to feed in the sun on some waste grain.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 44 of 81 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.