April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jtplumb, Marks_21, fab500, Fudd, 2 invisible), 451 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,159
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Miroku MK70 in 28 ga w/30" barrels and I love it. Fixed chokes and no ports. I also have a Citori Feather XS Sporting in .410 with 30" barrels, fixed chokes and no porting. Liked it so much that I went looking for the same gun in 28 ga, could not find it but did find that MK70. I think I prefer the balance of the Feather XS with the aluminum frame vs the steel frame on the MK70, but hard to tell for sure because of the difference in gauge and barrel weight. The Feather XS (in the U.S. at least) came unported in .410 and 28, but only with ports in 20 and 12, and I hate ports. So, in a 20 ga I'd go with the Miroku over the Browning. But my 20 ga 30" is a Beretta 687 SP-II, and that would have to be my first choice in a 20ga/30". My 12ga 30" is an old Miroku, and I also have an old Citori Field in 12/28". The Citori is solid and a bit heavy, but has 3" chambers. The Miroku is prettier and better finished, seems a bit livlier, but has 2-3/4" chambers. It's a crap shoot.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I recently missed out on this Daly Miroku by a $5 bid.

I found this 30" BSS for only 50% more. cry

Both have 30" tubes but I think I'd have preferred the DT's, 1/2 pound lighter and the extra money in my pocket.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash
I recently missed out on this C.D. Miroku by a $5 bid.

I found this 30" BSS for only 50% more.

Both have 30" tubes but I think I'd have preferred the DT's, 1/2 pound lighter and the extra money in my pocket.

I don't know, that BSS has some pretty wood on it!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a Miroku 12ga, straight/splinter/DT. Simply marked Miroku Model M. Looked like a very basic Birmingham boxlock . . . and handled like one. While nearly all the Miroku Dalys I've seen were heavier than that, compared to my Miroku, an equivalent BSS 12ga felt like it needed a set of wheels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: TMair

I don't know, that BSS has some pretty wood on it!

It does appear to be one of the few grade 1's that hasn't been cut from a phone pole wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

I own a BSS, a Daly, and Montgomery Wards Miroku made side by sides.

You want the BSS. It's heavier, but the quality of the workmanship and materials improve on what's already an excellent shotgun.

It's the difference between a Cadillac, Buick, and Chevrolet. They all work, are all nice cars, but you want the Cadillac.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 992B
I own a BSS, a Daly, and Montgomery Wards Miroku made side by sides.

You want the BSS. It's heavier, but the quality of the workmanship and materials improve on what's already an excellent shotgun.

It's the difference between a Cadillac, Buick, and Chevrolet. They all work, are all nice cars, but you want the Cadillac.

Yeah, that's about right. The monkey ward Western Field is definitely the chevy...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

BSS with 30" barrels must be uncommon. I have held one many years ago in gun shop on Central Ave in Albany that no longer exists. The one shown above has about the best butt wood I have sine on standard grade BLE BSS.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And holding one is about as close as you will ever get Jagermeister. Why don't you tell us all about them even though all you did was held one and drooled on the counter?

You still don't own any doubles at all, do you? Do you feel that makes you an expert? Are you worried that your family will sell your precious collection of toy stuffed animals at wholesale when you croak? Or will they just toss them in the garbage can along with the computer keyboard that you wore out posting about guns you never owned?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
And holding one is about as close as you will ever get Jagermeister. Why don't you tell us all about them even though all you did was held one and drooled on the counter?

You still don't own any doubles at all, do you? Do you feel that makes you an expert? Are you worried that your family will sell your precious collection of toy stuffed animals at wholesale when you croak? Or will they just toss them in the garbage can along with the computer keyboard that you wore out posting about guns you never owned?

No problemo Dziadu, have you ever heard of Toys for Tots?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.