May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (gunman), 841 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,542
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Argo, you're probably have to look at double rifles also. The VC seems to be a pretty popular rifle over there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9U8aSfTip8&feature=youtu.be

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I've I give this a try, I'll follow-the model of the fellow who chronicled the Manufrance Ideal's...collect all known catalogs...tabulate the models from each year. Look for year markers...it'll take...oh say...10 years. But check back about 2028....book should be out by then.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Look at this one,

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100741137

especially the colors.

Another unknown masterpiece,

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100964862

Another top maker that sells for bargain basement prices,

http://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-fo...un_id=100933099

These French makers are incredible.

The V-C is a very nice gun . . . and should be. $18,000 for a boxlock. The nonejector 12ga is pretty plain and likely overpriced at $900. I saw a nicer "field grade" Sauer at Mark Beasland's just recently, and it's got that good Sauer name. The last one, pushing $2,000, is bumping up against Birmingham 12ga BLE's. And for better or worse, on the market, the Brit guns will usually win.

I think what those 3 show is that French guns are usually good, but it's harder to find real bargain-priced French guns.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
The Super Charlin has been for sale for years. I have never found them to be ergonomic, simply unique for the sake of being unique. The same "for sale all the time" with the Pratt and Whitney engineer's Charlin, it seems once someone buys the thing, they list it the same day. I could see myself looking around on the ground for one of the gold inlays, after I patterned the gun and it fell off. I really don't like gold on guns.
The other Charlin was at Barnett's for a long time, if I am not mistaken. Charlins are spectacular guns, you always hear how smooth they open compared to a Darne, but, that is only when they are already cocked-you have to tug a Charlin opening lever just as hard as a Darne opening lever after the gun has been fired. For my use, I have always preferred a Darne, R and V, in that order. Others, sometimes, feel differently. Being a lefty always requires compromise, and I'm resigned to having stock work done in order to get what I need.
We have a bunch of guys right here who crow all the time about how wonderful 3" of drop is for them, but, I can't make it work. On any gun.
If the right Petric came along, I'd be the huckleberry for it, but, I'm pretty safe right here in the middle of the US. I handled a long barreled 20 Petric in St Etienne, that took my breath away, but, I was broke on the day I saw it, and a bit overwhelmed from seeing too much shotgun eye candy during my trip-that will happen when you hang out, eat, and drink too much with French gunmakers of all stripes for a few weeks.
I want to have my V19 restocked to fit this fall, and start moving the stuff I don't use to people who will during the year. I'm a little nervous about selling modern guns that will handle any non toxic shot, however. The future always gets uglier, not better, from a birdhunters perpective, from what I have seen. I'm not a buyer, today, Larry.
Good luck if you are shopping, Mr. Brown.

Best,
Ted

Not shopping, Ted. Just thought those 3 in particular were interesting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You make some good points Larry. The French can build some very light for gauge upland game guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
You make some good points Larry. The French can build some very light for gauge upland game guns.

The V19 that I'm going to restock, Treb:

12 gauge, 27" tubes, straight stock, splinter. 5 lbs, 14 ozs. I won't mind in the least if it picks up 4-8 ozs.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not even 6 pounds. Incredible!!! smile

Here is another interesting video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fny1ZmFp9ys

Sidelock
Sidelock

I won the lottery on my Nitro Special 16 too, Treb:

6 lbs, 2 ozs. My non toxic gun. Had a good season with it.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, that's your 'Thorns and bloody forearms' gun. smile

I beat mine constantly, it don't matter it just keeps working. But one ounce heavier than yours at 6 lbs. 3 ozs.

Yours has 26 inch barrels, right?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thats it. I've seen a 20 gauge Nitro that weighed 7 pounds, and handled a few Nitros and Western Arms models that wouldn't be called sveldt.
Pretty happy to have a budget 16 that weighs around the 6lb mark. 26" tubes, 1938 vintage, so factory 2 3/4" and cyl and mod, good for lots of things I do.

Best,
Ted

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.