May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (playing hooky), 625 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,402
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 27 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Originally Posted By: buzz
(also, I used to think it would be impossible to miss a turkey with a shotgun until I missed one once that was on the run).

Buzz, if anyone ever tells you they've never missed a turkey you can bet they haven't shot at many. My young neighbor looked at me like I had three eyeballs when I told him I had just missed one that morning. "How could you miss a turkey??" he asked. Few days later he had a sheepish look on his face and told me he missed one that day as well. If someone has never missed a turkey, a miss is just around the corner. Gil

Gil,
I have been killing turkeys for 48 years. And have missed my share of birds. But your comment if someone has never missed it right around the core is so spot on.
A long story short, back in the 80s my father has taken a turkey every year since 1963 with no misses. Opening day, he went one way and I the other. I killed a long beard within the first 40 min of light while packing up the bird I heard my farther shot, and I thought to myself "all right"!!! Then less than a minute another shot, then another, and another. All around minute apart, now I am in a panic, I got to the car threw my gun and bird in the trunk and started heading towards my fathers location, my father shot again, and in another min again!! I was on a dead run up a mountain side thinking the worse. When I got to him he was sitting on a log with a long beard on the log with him. And in total dismay look at me and said "it was nothing he never seen before, the woods was full of long beards dumber than a box of bricks, and I missed them all! But my last shell I finally killed one" my father missed 6 birds all in less than an hour and killed the 7th long beard he called in. I know this sounds like a BS story. But I'll swear on a stack of bibles it's true! I guess all his non misss finally caught up to him. Rich

Last edited by 28 gauge shooter; 02/22/18 06:22 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My $129.99 Yildiz
cOunsler I hate to hear that times are so hard you hunt with such a piece of crap gun....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
My $129.99 Yildiz
cOunsler I hate to hear that times are so hard you hunt with such a piece of crap gun....

You really don't know when to quit, do you jOe? Gil has exposed you for the hypocritical, cowardly person you are but you still keep at it. You are a very stupid man who continually attempts to slander and bully other members here if you think you can get away with it.

Time to be quiet.

BTW, jOe. No matter what I say to you, you won't be able to call my employer and complain I have been threatening you, should I do so. Sound familiar? Get those gears working and dredge up some shame for your past behavior, you coward.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/22/18 07:45 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you are an idiot...and I can asure you the lies Gil has told you about me are not true.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=313622&page=1

Some people have convenient memories. This jar your memory, jOe?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you are an idiot...and I can asure you the lies Gil has told you about me are not true.

jOe, I don't need Gil to be telling me anything. I've been on this board since 2009 and I can read. Sadly, I've read far too much of your crap. At least when Keith goes after someone, he has a point. Your posts paint the picture of a profoundly unhappy man doing his best to spread his poison.

This was a light heart-ed and interesting thread until you joined in. Now it's the shits. Well done there buddy. The only good part of the last half of this thread is the interesting material others have posted to put the lie to your mean spirited blather.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=313622&page=1

I was over in Afghanistan then. Has it been 5 years? Time flies.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

My $129.99 Yildiz

Porchman, I wish you would make up your mind. You said we could only use "throwaway" guns if we use TSS. If a $129.99 gun isn't a throwaway, what is??

Sidelock
Sidelock

Other than runNing into another joeja moron what's that thread suposed to mean to me cOunsler...would it be fair to assume you boys and gals are obsessed with me or possessed by me ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Other than runNing into another joeja moron what's that thread suposed to mean to me cOunsler...would it be fair to assume you boys and gals are obsessed with me or possessed by me ?

Or just sick of you.

but that aside, I don't really see the point of a #9 shot turkey load. Is a 3 or 4 pound gun really that important that you have to use a .410? I think 20 is the smallest gauge legal in Iowa and there may be a minimum shot size (#4 is the max size), but I might be wrong. Regardless, we lug guns over hill and dale in pursuit of upland birds and it's not a big deal. Even when we carry that gun "at the ready". There is no easier hunting than turkey hunting, so carrying a firearm of some normal weight is hardly and imposition. A sling is always possible, and over a shoulder is about as simple for those that can't loop a sling over their muzzle.

On another forum, someone posted a video of someone shooting a whitetail doe with a .50 bmg. Surprise! it killed the deer. I guess I put .410s with #9 shot up there with shooting does with a .50 bmg. Saw a guy that shot one with a cannon loaded with grape in Wisconsin. That's another winner.

To each his own, but I can't say I understand it, or even care to understand.

Much like Joe. I don't care to try to understand him - I just reject him.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 10 of 27 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.