April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (jake van dyke, Parabola, Der Ami, HistoricBore, Fudd, Birdog), 841 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,192
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 39 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is part of the problem for sure. I do not think it is all of it, but I do not disagree with you on that point.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm still waiting to hear a legitimate restriction that would've made a difference in any of the shootings ?

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well I think better reporting to the NICS system would have possibly caught the TX church shooter. That is not another restriction but an improvement most everyone seems to be behind.

I am not saying more laws will fix this mess. I am saying we are losing the battle of public perception and even the GOP seems to be now seeing that. We need to win the middle, we already have the right.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

The battle of public perception you keep referring to is false....don't let your perception be controlled by what some idiOt news caster says.

Originally Posted By: buzz
Zumbo only wanted them banned from the prairies and woods. Gunsmiths for gun control.....idk quite what to think about that.

I once stood with Dumbo Zumbo....then Keith opened my eyes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

An enormous part of the problem
"Cruz has been shown to suffer from autism, depression and other significant psychological problems, according to his legal team. News of the 'demon voices' that plagued Cruz' mind has also come as it also yesterday emerged that police were called to the home of Florida school killer 39 times since 2010."
And he passed a background check despite being expelled from school, stalking and violence toward a girl friend, and assaulting her new boyfriend
https://www.christianpost.com/news/nikol...-school-218177/

We all agree the "mentally ill" should not have access to guns.
The ACLU will protect the rights of the mentally ill to privacy.

Do we want the government to decide who is mentally ill, and what medicines they should or should not take? And when law enforcement has the authority to remove their weapons? Progressive already believe evangelical Christians are mentally ill, and teaching children about Jesus is a form of child abuse.

I'm afraid it is hopeless. States locked in a progressive ideology will continue to remove gun rights while sacrificing their children to that ideology by refusing to make schools safe.

EVERY school that is not in some little aldea in Central America is behind a 12' wall topped with razor wire and with one metal door for entrance and exit manned by a guard with a SMG or 2 guys with Mossberg pumps. Add metal detectors and problem solved.

Economic punishment for "wrong thinking" will worsen. Gun owners will migrate to the Midwest, South, Mountain West and SW while the NE and much of CA devolves into "A Clockwork Orange" dystopia. Pray for our nation and our grandchildren, and vote in your local elections.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A mentally ill person cant decide for themselves...

If a person is mentally ill what rights to privacy should they have...the right to hide the fact on a background check ?

It sounds like you're willing to make our schools into prisons to defend the rights of the mentally I'll.

Are you willing to proclaim a mentally ill person a species of man like they've basically done with mother natures queers ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew, I respect your concern for ways to address gun violence. but I have to ask if you would be willing to live in a United States where our schools are fenced with razor wire. Such measures may be necessary in South America, but we should demand more of our society than that it become an armed fortification. Arming teachers is a fantasy and an admission that we can't find better solutions. SKB is right. Things are going to change. If all gun owners do is double down, then we'll have no influence on the outcomes. Instead of throwing money away on the Wall, we could invest in better screening. No kid needs a high- capacity semi-auto. Anyone seeking to buy should be subjected to a waiting period and enhanced background check.Keith may have a point about medication, but it doesn't have any bearing on many cases of mass shooting.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause

Do we want the government to decide who is mentally ill, and what medicines they should or should not take? And when law enforcement has the authority to remove their weapons? Progressive already believe evangelical Christians are mentally ill, and teaching children about Jesus is a form of child abuse.

There is argument that religion is a way to control and dominate people...been like that for ages.

Without the 10 commandments where are we as a society ?

We're where we are now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bill: we already live in a society where, this morning, our well trained and well armed security team will be guarding the children at our church, and (being AZ) many church members are carrying concealed. Are somebody else's kids less important?
We have the Holy Spirit to help us deal with reality, not escape reality.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, Drew, It makes sense to guard our children. However, that isn't all it makes sense to do. Why should we settle for hunkering down? That's got to be a temporary measure. On another topic, the AR-15 is our worst enemy as gun owners. It has come to represent everything about firearms that the general public won't tolerate. It appeals precisely to those people who should never get their hands on a gun. Granted most owners are responsible people, but deranged shooters know it is the weapon of choice. Make them Class III.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 02/25/18 10:30 AM. Reason: correction

Bill Ferguson
Page 12 of 39 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.