Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 39 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 38 39
Sidelock
Sidelock

"first, the police came for the guns...then they came for the communists, jews, gypsies and catholic priests...then they came for me...but, i was helpless...because i had given up my gun"...

Last edited by ed good; 02/26/18 03:47 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I didn't say that the ATF has a searchable database Stevie. I hope all of those Bound Ledger Books are molding away in semi-trailers as you suggest. And I want to make sure it stays that way. So why would they bother to eventually put those Bound Book records which contain name, address, and details about the gun that was purchased on microfiche if it would not be searchable and of no use to them? And how do you know for certain that there is no program to digitize them going on? Do you work there? Haven't we all heard that the NSA records every phone call made in this country? That's a whole lot more data than the number of guns that have been sold since the GCA of 1968. By the way, one gun shop in Alaska refused to hand over his Bound Books to be copied, but others complied with the illegal demand.

Interesting to hear that your own books had pictures taken of them. And very disturbing if it was pictures of anything but the front covers.

I support the present system and feel it is much better than the old system of waiting periods. But I also recognize that it has serious flaws that are permitting felons and mentally ill people to get firearms. And I have many times complained about the fact that tens of thousands of buyers who failed the NICS checks walk out without any repercussions, and then go on to either steal a gun or get a straw buyer to purchase it for them.

Because of that, I understand that Universal Background Checks are only a road to a National Gun Registry, and it will still permit criminals to get guns just as they do now when they cannot pass a NICS check. It will also impose needless costs upon law abiding gun owners when they give or otherwise transfer guns to their kids or grand-kids. Have we heard about even one of these mass shooters who got their guns from private sources other than Adam Lanza who killed his own mother to steal her guns?

And I think we all know how all of those hard nosed Conservatives in government jobs were jumping up to report the IRS targeting of Conservatives under Obama or the FBI spying on a Republican Presidential candidate (also under Obama)when they should have been gathering up and arresting Nikolas Cruz and tens of thousands of people who illegally attempted to buy a firearm. Those failures only lead us to more shootings and more cries for restrictions on the rights of law abiding citizens.

Considering how upset you get if anyone here says anything negative about Liberal Left Democrats, and how frequently you have jumped up to attack pro-gun Republicans, I think if you really saw a picture of Bill Clinton with a target superimposed upon his face in the Cheyenne U.S. Marshall's Office, you would have reported them to the Secret Service. I can't prove that. But it is my opinion based entirely on what you post here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

What is your opinion of the now the 2nd Trump in a week calling to raise the age to purchase a long gun? A bunch lefties don't ya think?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...g-a8229551.html

I think I can the hypocrisy already....

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
What is your opinion of the now the 2nd Trump in a week calling to raise the age to purchase a long gun?....

....I think I can the hypocrisy already....

Personally, I don't like it. But, if it can be equivocated with bump stocks or ar's, then what's the big deal? Since I'm already 22yrs. old, it would bother me. Hmmm, doesn't work. Maybe, if a bill is drafted, we would have to read the fine print. I can promise one thing with a hundred and ten percent certainty, not an ounce of image will be improved. The waterworks on cnn is not about our humanism, it's a tactic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

state law should determine firearms purchase criteria...the feds have no business infringing on the right of citizens to keep and bear arms...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
What is your opinion of the now the 2nd Trump in a week calling to raise the age to purchase a long gun? A bunch lefties don't ya think?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...g-a8229551.html

I think I can the hypocrisy already....

No, I don't think the Trumps are a bunch of Lefties. And no, I don't think they should even be suggesting such an idea until other avenues are explored, (such as SSRI's side effects and not enforcing laws which are already on the books) and until we address other serious issues that kill far more people than the small number killed by AR-15's.

You and I both know that your gal, the Liberal Left Democrat Hillary Clinton, had she won the election, would be pushing for far more restrictions than an increase in the legal age to purchase a long gun. She wouldn't even be talking to the NRA or attempting to balance the rights of gun owners with the totally unrelated problem of mentally disturbed teens engaging in mass shootings.

If you could be honest for a moment, you would also admit that Trump is under extreme attack and enormous pressure to do something. He is in the classic no-win situation. If he stands totally firm with the NRA, he will be called a murderer and unfit for office. Liberals like you would tear him down even more than you do now. If he were to turn totally against the people who elected him, he would be seen as a turncoat, and Liberals like you would still be trying every hour of every day to find some reason to impeach him. And if he searches for some middle ground and shows a willingness to try bipartisan compromise, he will be criticized for going against campaign promises to his base, and he will be pilloried by Liberals for not doing enough. And any concession, no matter how slight, will be exploited by Lefties like you in an attempt to say there is no difference between the Parties when it comes to attacking the gun rights of law abiding citizens.

Personally, I hope he comes to his senses and understands that Liberals like you cannot be trusted. If he gives an inch on gun control, history proves to us that your kind, the Liberal Left, will only be hungry for more and more restrictions. I will certainly contact the White House to voice this concern.

No matter what you'd like us to believe Stevie, there is still a huge difference between your precious Liberal Left Democrats and Conservatives when it comes to preserving our 2nd Amendment Rights. But you will never be honest enough to admit that fact.

P.S.-- How you make all of these replies after you tell us you are done debating me and that you IGNORE my posts is simply amazing. But please keep 'em coming. I want your potential customers to see the real you. Personally, I feel there are too many good pro-2nd Amendment gunsmith's to ever consider dealing with one who supports those politicians who relentlessly work to take away my right to keep and bear arms.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

So back to the devolution of Southern California.
As noted, even 3rd world schools protect the children

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/02/16/in-...licy-heightens/
From July 1, 2014, to June 30, 2017, 70 handguns, 16 rifles/shotguns and 1,196 knives were confiscated at LAUSD schools.

The United Teachers Los Angeles want to end random searches, and "some activists" want to remove Resource Officers from the schools. They must really hate the kids.
http://www.newsweek.com/school-security-guard-helped-thwart-shooting-police-816854

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

You are not only a hypocrite but a Moron as well. I voted for Trump. I have have mixed feelings about his performance but would love to see him succeed. I fully understand the position he is in and I do not feel he is a lefty either. His proposal on raising the long gun is the definition of a poorly thought out gun law. Something I would like Republicans to refrain from since I tend to vote for them. I do not support Liberal Democrats and never have. I have no issues with moderates of either party. Extremist like yourself, and those on the Left I have no tolerance for. I do not buy in to this culture war crap you thrive on. I have friends with a wide variety of viewpoints and can happily discuss issues with them. You may try it sometime. You could find the world is not near as black and white as you paint it to be. Try opening that closed tiny mind you have.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That's almost unbelievable... or it should be. I hope everyone takes a moment to click on Drew's link. But I'll bet we can all guess which side of the political spectrum wishes to stop the obviously very effective program of random metal detector searches of Los Angeles students.

And I'll bet it isn't from Donald Trump's side of the aisle.

keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yeah sure Stevie, I believe you voted for Trump, and I believe Jagermeister voted for Trump, and I believe in the tooth fairy too, after all the time and effort you guys expended bashing him prior to the election.

Hell, if it will make you feel better, I'll even say I believe that King Brown became a U.S. citizen prior to the election just so he could vote for Trump.

But I'll bet if I told you that I voted for Obama and Hillary Clinton after all of the time I spent criticizing them, you wouldn't believe me either. And you'd be justified in that.

Again, if you could just be honest for once... you might say that Trump did not propose ANY new gun laws until he was relentlessly pressured to do something to stop school shootings. But you won't. You haven't told us what you want him to do. You have only been critical of him and the NRA, or have been attempting to hold him up as being just as bad as the Democrats because of some of the proposals he's made. And I'll bet you won't be donating any of your gunsmithing income to the NRA so they can help pro-gun candidates win in the mid-tern elections.

Keep up with the name-calling, and you can expect a stern lecture from some of the guys who think faux manners and civility is more important than the truth Stevie!

Page 21 of 39 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.