April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, Marks_21, old colonel, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 723 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Headed to the Big Apple for an Easter weekend with the family. Staying in the Marriott downtown near Times Square and doing all of the traditional "tourist" things with a bunch of (4) teens and pre-teens. Not really my cup-o-tea, but parental responsibilities force such things occasionally (clearly, my wife doesn't want my boy to turn out to be such a "throwback" hillbilly like me).

Any "dos" or "don'ts"?

Sure hope the terrorist-types take the weekend off.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/26/18 05:18 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The three story Beretta Gallery on Madison is nice place to visit. The guns are on the uppermost floor. Last time I was there they only had some new Beretta gallery guns and rack of plastic stocked Sakos and Tikkas but no second-hand classic guns. Nice place to get clothing if you can afford them. There is Holland & Holland gallery someplace near NYC Public Library, but I have never went inside to take a look. The subway system and bus system makes driving unnecessary which is very nice. The Manhattan Island where tourists frequent is very safe place. If you on a subway and want to look like a local don't look around just pick on spot on ceiling or opposite side and keep staring at that one spot.

eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Go to Peter Lugar for steak and a martini.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Oyster Bar in Grand Central Station is a pretty good restaurant, but you can't go wrong with any corner mom and pop deli that looks like there's a line at the counter. Depending on their interest, the kids might like the various sports related stores, some have museum like displays not just shopping. "Do" keep it to just a weekend, and "don't" go back. Naw, just kidding, have fun with your gang.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Katz's Deli on Houston street is famous and it is landmark. You will be in Greewich village then (just called the village). Pastrami on rye with mustard and cole slaw is amazing. You get on line once you are in and order at the counter and bring to your table yourself. tip the guy making you sandwich. they usually put pieces of pastrami on the counter to munch while you are waiting him to make it.

Lots of museums.
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum

Don't bring a gun!

So many guns, so little time!
Lloyd3 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Craigd: 2nd time I've been told about the oyster bar at Grand Central, thanks! Yea, don't like spending any money there (not a DeBlasio fan) but whadaya do? Hope my son figures it out.

builder: got it on the guns.....

Last edited by Lloyd3; 03/26/18 04:49 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Peter Lugar's is one of the great steak houses around, unfortunately not in a good location to get to.

Builder, how was your trip to China?

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Another vote for the Oyster Bar. Very good.

Sidelock
Sidelock

David,
Amazing trip that was clearly subsidized by China. they are on a roll and we are standing still. Scary. Wonderful trip. Will you be at the Southern?
Milt

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

This has jogged my memory about a guy that used to post on here ages ago, who owned a nice upscale restaurant in NYC. He had a matched pair of doubles built by a maker called White, I believe?..................English, or Scottish? Peter White, maybe? Too long ago, I cannot remember the maker's name exactly.

Does anyone remember him besides me, and if he is still in the restaurant business?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.