March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (arrieta2, SKB, Borderbill, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 786 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 77 of 81 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Sidelock
Sidelock

Marks_21,
There is no question you win first prize for turkey photos. I try to take a decent one, but yours can't be beat.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is truly a treat to see someone take the trouble to compose a great photograph. The second pic is my favorite also- we often analyze guns or politics; how about his photography? As we help others in their double gun awareness or shooting skills, how about shooting pics? What makes his pics better than most?

I'll start: the ridge and rock form lead in lines drawing the eye to the subject. The law of thirds is prominent in pic two. The immediate background has a dash of color, the distant hazy background landscape is muted and almost mysterious, not unlike the techniques the master painters employed, and of course, the utilization of light and shadow.

Your turn.

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like the first picture better because, while the backlighting is dramatic and the light through the fan is a neat effect, the subjects are pretty dark, both hunter and bird. Of course, with more frontal lighting, the background would hardly be dramatic as it is here.

The lighting in the first picture is just about spot on.

I suppose I'm a bit different than most, but I like game photos without people in them. I pretty much never take a photo with me in it.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

All I have is a phone camera and I'm not talented anyhow, so I really enjoy the pics posted by others here. Marks' photos are great.

As far as I am concerned flat land turkeys rule. Gil and I are the same age, but he's a mountain man compared to me. He still runs and guns where as I have become a hunter who takes a position, builds a blind and waits for one to come by. Now and again, one will...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's a lil modest geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't make gorgeous pictures, but I will post what I have. I've been in OK the past 3 days, and have had a good hunt. I got this one about 7:30 yesterday morning:

I carried him into the shade and tagged him and was looking for a place to hang him so I could go hunt another one, and one gobbled only about 75 yards away. I made one soft call and this one came strolling up to me:

I only heard one gobbling on the roost this morning, but he gobbled good and really responded well to the Rivercane call that Gil made for me. He had ten hens with him, and I don't think one of them liked the sound of the Rivercane. She came looking to whip the new hen, and the rest of the flock followed, with this boy bringing up the rear:

They were all shot with the tight barrel and TSS#9, at ranges from 27 to 36 yards. It was said in this forum before the season that I was a moron for using these shells. I'm still trying to understand what is wrong with them.

A good day to all!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Coosa is a Gobbler machine. Good work!...Geo

Lotsa drag damage on the middle bird; very little on the other two. You musta got the dominant bird and two of his buddies.

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 05/05/18 11:17 AM. Reason: added final sentence
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Coosa, there's a tri-state contract secured by the Meleagris Mafia on your head. Beware. You've had a great season. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a great lil gun! What is it and does it have screw in chokes? Single trigger makes me feel old

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 67galaxie
What a great lil gun! What is it and does it have screw in chokes? Single trigger makes me feel old

Thanks for the compliment; it is a $486 Yildiz. I had the barrels shortened to 24", and it has an alloy receiver, so the weight is just 5 lb 6 oz. It is threaded for the Tru-choke system, and I just have a cheap Carlson choke in the tight barrel. The TSS I shoot doesn't need an expensive turkey choke.

It would be close to my idea of the perfect turkey gun if it only had 2 triggers. I've given up on ever finding the perfect turkey gun, but this one will get my by and I don't worry about scratching it up.

I called up 3 KS gobblers this morning, but they stayed so close together that I couldn't shoot without killing them all. This one finally split off at 15 yards and he caught a load of TSS#10. Good luck to everyone still hunting.

Page 77 of 81 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 80 81

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.